6.28.2023

The "Give a Shit Factor" Weekly Wisdom

Inspirational quote in black letters on a white background surrounded by tiny red polka dots.

Raise your hand if you have ever said "I don't give a shit."

You can't see my right now but both of my hands are raised high to the sky. Friends, I have said this phrase more and more. But it has not always been the case. I DID give a shit, to the extreme. It was out of control how much I cared about what everyone else thought of me or what I was doing. I compared and contrasted myself to others so often, it would impair my ability to perform day to day tasks. I embodied what many of you know as imposter syndrome. It really held me back from, well life. And now, the term imposter syndrome makes me cringe because it also made me feel jealousy, resentment, hostility, inadequacy and bitterness. Gross. 

I am no less ambitious, nor has my goals decreased - I have just shifted to not only embracing the hell yeah but to be aware of my "give a shit" factor. I care deeply about a lot of things but comparing myself to others, wanting things that don't truly make me happy or being someone that I am not - are not things I give a shit about anymore. 

 I will always be happy for others. I am going to cheer them on, and I am going to share in their joy for what matters to them. For me, I am going to do this life how I want to. I am going to do things how I want to. I am going to love how I want to. I am going to just "be" how I want to.

And if you don't like it, I really don't give a shit. 

#quality | #embracethehellyeah

~AE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment