6.21.2023

"Pain is Part of Your Purpose" Weekly Wisdom

 

Inspirational quote in black letters on a white background surrounded by tiny red polka dots

When was the last time you were physically in pain?

About a month ago, I was having some severe hip pain. I could perform daily tasks but when it was time to sleep, there was no sleeping position that was comfortable. For about a month, I was sleeping in a pretzel position for in 10 minute increments, totaling about 2 hours of sleep at night. After exhausting my Google research and attempting my own rehabilitation, I was not getting better and this was no way to live. I called my physical therapist and after 2 sessions, things were starting to look up. 

During this exciting and fun time in my life, the physical pain was apparent. I knew what it was and I had someone to help me fix it.  Not all pain is apparent. Not all pain can be fixed this quickly. We do a great job recognizing and rehabbing physical pain. We do not do well with dealing with our emotional pain. Many of us diminish it, push it off or bury it. We don't realize how going through emotional pain is part of the being we are becoming and we need to work through it - so we don't slow down the becoming. 

We work hard at so many other tasks and things in our lives - we need to work just as hard at dealing with our personal pain. I am guilty. I have not dealt with some underlying emotional things and it is really coming to the surface lately. I am going to make the effort, to do the work because I know it's holding me back from fulfilling my purpose. 

We need to be as ok with treating and dealing with emotional pain as we are with physical pain - and that starts within ourselves. 

#quality | #embracthehellyeah

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment