4.19.2023

"Make Your Story" Weekly Wisdom

Inspirational quote in black letters on a white background with little red polka dots surround it.

What was the last recipe you made?

I used to have this very negative mindset about cooking. For me, it was the same story, different day. 

You find a recipe > buy ingredients > put ingredients together > cook ingredients (and pray that it works out and actually tastes good) > clean up disastrous mess in the kitchen > barely eat anything because you are exhausted from the process > the end. 

Then I decided I need to change up the story and change my mindset. I do believe cooking can be a lovely process but my mind was holding me back. Now I channel my thespian skills and enact the story. Cooking is an act of love and why not think of every recipe I make as an important part of my story and the stories of those I cook for?

This shift in my thoughts has made me more excited to cook - to be immersed into the process and to not get caught up in my head of the process above. The act of each step has more energy, less grudge. The finale always tastes amazing. The kitchen is cleaner and less chaotic. I want to do it all over again the next day instead of have to do it. Everything is more rewarding. 

Instead of making dinner, I will now call it making my story. 

#quality | #embracethehellyeah

~AE



 

1 comment:


  1. Un magnifique billet, merci. Si quelqu'un est à la recherche deNutritionniste Gatineaupeut nous contacter !

    ReplyDelete