4.05.2023

"Count on Me" Weekly Wisdom

 

Inspirational quote in black letters on a white background surrounded by red polka dots.

Which one do you prefer?

Can I choose neither?  I feel this is a very loaded question/thought. I think I a very dependable person, someone you can always count on - so that should be the easy answer. But then I think to myself, the weight of the world is always on my shoulders when it comes to "showing up" for everyone who needs something from me. I never want to let anyone down, especially the people I care for deeply. 

Then I think of all the times I have put faith in people to be there for me and show up when I needed them...and then they didn't. I know things happen and everyone can't be everything to everyone. So I give second chances (because we all should give second chances). Sometimes they came through and sometimes they did not, which leads to cyclical questioning of who can I count on?

If you had to choose today, which one would you choose?  You don't have to answer this right now, but I want you to really think of this question in all your relationships. Is this person, is this relationship reliable?  Am I a person who can be reliable to this person or relationship?  

If you can find the balance of both, you're in good company. 

#quality | #embracethehellyeah

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment