12.14.2022

"Timing IS Everything" Weekly Wisdom

Inspiration quote in black letters on a white background.

Do you believe in the timing of things your life?

As much as I don't want to believe it, I do.  There are many of those timings in my life I would like a redo but there are many where I sit back and say, ahhhhhh now I see why.  

Just randomly this past week I was home at my moms house for Thanksgiving and we decided to go for walk in the afternoon. As we were approaching the trail, at the exact same time, we met my bestie from childhood and her family. It was wild. It was a gentle reminder for me to lean into the timing in my life a little more. 

We all try to control time. We try to stick to a schedule everyday to make sure we get shit done. We try to put our profession and our personal lives on a timeline. At this age I will get my first job and make this amount of money, then I will get married, buy my first home, get a dog/cat, have my first child, get promoted, have a second child....etc.  What if it goes like this instead:  I got fired from my job, not finding the love of my life and not getting married and maybe I don't want to? Got divorced, never have kids, don't have enough money to own a home. Many of us don't factor in these type of things in our timeline because let's face it, it doesn't feel good to think about. That's why it all hurts so much when it happens, it bursts the bubble of our dreams and the timeline we have set. 

We cannot force timing but we can be more open to how things happen. We know things are going to be really good sometimes and not so good. We know we will have achievements and there may also be some set backs. But there is always something consistent about what happens in your life:  the people who carry you. Maybe there are the people you have know since birth, the people you meet along the way, the people who have stayed or the people who have left. They were/are there when you needed/need them most. 

Think of how long it took for our paths to cross...I thank you for being someone who is carrying me along my timeline and I hope I am doing the same for you. 

#bigdietitianenergy | #embracethehellyeah

~AE

 

1 comment: