11.09.2022

"Medicine In Action" Weekly Wisdom

Inspiration quite in black letters surrounded by a thin lined rectangle on a white background with a grey polka dot frame

How do you feel about science?

I love science. I have loved it for a long time. From the early days of elementary science class to dissecting animals in A&P. Loved it. It did not come easy for me though, I had to work really hard at it but it didn't matter. Science kept drawing me in. 

As a health professional, I ready science based studies like most people read fiction. If there is a topic I am interested in - off I go to Pub Med to see what I can find. I enjoy listening to podcasts discussing research  focused on human health and various medical conditions. It lights me up. 

With all the evidence-based research, all the science, all the education I can get - I still like to flip the record over and listen to side B. I like to take all the information I absorb and consider a slightly different way to practice by using the evidence to create and implement the interventions I use with my clients. Clients being the key word here. Personalizing nutrition, personalizing medicine with the client at the forefront and then accessing the knowledge I have from evidence-based research to create a program to meet their needs. 

This is why there is space for all kinds of dietitians in this world because we can practice with a more evidence informed and personal way. This is why our profession can be next level in this wellness space. With our stellar education, our ability to interpret science and our ability to take the time to connect with humans on a personal level while discussing their health - this is the triple threat when it come to the future of health care. 

This is why I love science and why I love being a dietitian. 

#bigdietitianenergy | #embracethehellyeah

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment