7.27.2022

"Even Farther Apart" Weekly Wisdom

Inspirational quote in black letters on a white background with a small photo of woman on the left.

Have you ever went a day without your phone or computer?

I have not. My significant other has encouraged me/us to do this and I keep putting it/him off. I don't know why because it would probably be so great for me. But then I couldn't look up a random actor I want to know more about or find the ingredient list of a product I am curious about. I also couldn't scroll through social media, which might be one of my biggest downfalls. 

I have set time limits on my phone to keep myself more focused on my day and what is right in front of me. Being present in the world around me is becoming more important to me than watching the latest video of someone pointing to words or lip syncing a sound byte. I appreciate everyone putting these videos together and I am not throwing any shade, I just know it is not for me and I would much rather have face to face time with humans instead of watching them in a video. 

We have this amazing technology, better than we have ever had, but I feel we are drifting farther away from truly being connected. I am grateful for all my connections via the interwebs, they are priceless - but I also hope I get to meet them in person someday. I am grateful for email but lately I find myself starting to type one out and then decided to just call them instead. I love seeing reminders of my friends birthdays on Facebook, but why would I write a message to them there when I could call or text them personally?

I don't feel doing away with our technology is the answer but I do like the idea of technology breaks and rethinking how we communicate. I am ready to have more in person connections blended in with those  we make through technology. There is a special energy of connecting face to face that no form of technology can replicate, not even Zoom. 

#bigdietitianenergy | #embracethehellyeah

~AE


 

No comments:

Post a Comment