12.08.2021

"Be Present Instead of Presents" Weekly Wisdom

Be Present Instead of Presents inspirational quote in black letters on a grey polka dot background


Before you buy a bunch of stuff this year for family and friends here is some #foodforthought...


This holiday season, I am sharing some ideas to help you think out of the box on buying things for others. No one really needs more "things" to add to their lives but I bet many people in your life would appreciate and utilize more thoughtful ideas to be gifted. 

Which brings me to my second idea...

Being present instead of buying presents. Sometimes I think it is easy to give actual things than it is to give your time. How many times have you hesitated when thinking about going to visit family and friends? I get it - thinking about our crazy schedules, how long it takes to get there and back, the feeling you're not staying long enough - there will always be plenty of excuses. 

If you have 30 minutes or 3 days, it doesn't matter. Your time is the best thing you can give. I also love the added touch of making something homemade and bringing it with you. Throughout the year, my mom likes to make a loaf of homemade bread and take it to people and I just love that. It is so kind, thoughtful and delicious. 

Nothing says I love and care about you than sharing moments of your time and homemade food. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment