8.18.2021

"Make A Wish" Weekly Wisdom

"Make A Wish" Weekly Wisdom

Who is celebrating a birthday this month?

I may have shared this before, but some of my favorite people celebrate birthdays in August. And you know how much I love celebrating other peoples birthdays - it is one of my favorite things. There is a very special birthday this month and that is my moms birthday. 

Now I am guessing my mom is not very excited about her birthday because it is a hard time of the year for her. My parents have birthdays very close together and a lot of the times we would celebrate them together. My mom also shares her birthday with her parents wedding anniversary. This year, is the first year my mom celebrates her birthday all to herself. It is a little sad, not having her favorite people around to celebrate with. It is not the same and will never be the same. I know this will be very hard for her. I know she will carry them and all their memories of celebrations past with her on these days ahead. 

But I hope she finds it within herself to feel worthy of celebrating HER special day. I hope she knows every day is a reason to celebrate her life, not just her birthday. I hope she knows there is a lot of life ahead and she gets to choose what that life looks like. I hope she knows she is loved and celebrated by her friends and family still on this earth - as well as those residing in heaven. I hope she knows I am excited to share another trip around the sun with her. 

And finally, I hope she keeps her eyes open when she makes a wish as she blows out the candles on her birthday cake, because wishes do come true and might be happening at that very moment. 

Happy Birthday Mom!  Cheers to many more! xoxo

#embracethehellyeah

AE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment