7.28.2021

"Propelling the Dietitian Profession" Weekly Wisdom


What are you doing to propel the dietitian profession forward?

I recently had a great conversation with my peer about our profession of dietetics. We both had some similar views on the current state of dietetics and also some true concerns. I love seeing the variety of how dietitians are practicing, the innovation and application of science and the places we are going. I think it is great there is a space for everyone in this field, to practice your passion. It is has progressed A LOT since I became a dietitian over 20 years ago. 

However, I feel there are many things taking us a few steps backwards. There is still much change to be done and it starts at the individual level. I feel some of us hold back because we are worried with what our peers will think of us. I feel some of us put too much out there in a less professional way, decreasing our credibility.  I feel there are dietitians who might walking the line on ethics. I feel there are dietitians who control A LOT of what happens within our profession, leaving less room for others to influence the future of our profession. 

 What are you doing to propel the dietitian profession forward?  What are you doing, ethically, o keep ourselves distinctive from other people who provide nutrition information?  What are you doing to be relevant, relatable but still taken seriously?  What is the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics truly doing for us?  What are our state and local affiliates doing for us?  What are you doing to get your voice heard and make changes?  What are you doing to represent our profession?  

I want to know more about why dietitians do what they do. I want to better understand your POV and how it is putting dietetics at the forefront. Who is up for these conversations?  

#embracethehellyeah

~AE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment