4.07.2021

"Your Year of Yes" Weekly Wisdom

 

Inspirational Quote in black letters on a grey background with white and black polka dots

What is your yes to no answer ratio?

10 years ago, my yes to no ratio was complete crap. I never said yes to anything. I would "have to think about it" and then never bring it up hoping I would never be asked about it again. I struggled with decision making, always looking at both sides and never figuring out what side I fell on. It even trickled into making decisions on where to go eat, which we all know is beyond exhausting. I still do this from time to time and I really have to work on it. 

If this past year has taught us anything, it has taught us to say no. We have had to say no to traveling, dining out, engaging in social events, going to church, hugging our humans. We have had to say no to almost every little thing we have been so accustomed to saying yes to. And saying no over the past year was a little easier than in times past for the most part because our "no" was the right thing to do. I learned I like saying no and also learned what I need to say no to more often. And just the word "no" is an answer that doesn't need further explanation. 

As the next chapter of the pandemic and my 45th year of life is occurring, I am exciting to say "hell yeah" to more things. Things that give my life meaning, bring me overwhelming joy and make me want to skip with giddiness. This week, I have said "hell yeah" to a road trip with one of my heartbeats and I cannot wait to experience an "adult" family vacation. 10 years ago, it would have been a hard no. 

After a year of strengthening your no, I wish you a year of making your "hell yeah" bolder than ever!

#embracethehellyeah

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment