3.03.2021

The Endless "To-Do" List Weekly Wisdom

Inspirational Quote in black letters reading The Endless "To-Do" List Weekly Wisdom

How many items are on your "to-do" list right now?

I have 55 things on my work to-do list and I have 15 on my personal to do list. But the day is not over, I am sure there will be something added to both of them. This week I have had major anxiety over my work list because there is not enough hours in the day. I am slacking on my sleep and meal prep schedule and I am compromising on some other non-negotiables I swore I wouldn't compromise. Any of this resonate? 

And then I realize, I am only one person...

I don't have to do all the things and get everything crossed off my list in one day. I don't have to sleep 2 hours less a night because I feel bad for not having a task completed AHEAD of time. I don't have to eat saltines and slurp down a protein shake while I am on driving and listening to a meeting on Zoom. 

What I can do is feel a sense of accomplishment when I do get one item crossed off BECAUSE I was gentle on myself with my timing and took the time to do the task well. I can sleep the whole 7-8 hours I need to be a well functioning human throughout the day. I can sit down for 20 minutes and enjoy a freshly cooked meal without checking emails in between bites. 

Don't let a "to-do" list dictate your life. You will always have one, you will always have things to do and you will always get the important things done. This is a sign of living and stressing less about it is a sign of growth. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment