2.24.2021

"Embrace the Weird" Weekly Wisdom

 

#Embracetheweird in black letters with a grey background and grey polka dots

What is something you do that would probably be deemed as weird?

What is weird really?  I don't believe a dictionary describes it accurately because we all have our own interpretation based our own experiences and context. Like I think it is weird that I like things organized and everything has its place but my medicine cabinet is a mess and my toothpaste drawer has 6 different varieties of toothpaste mixed in with a couple random bars of soap and a hairbrush. Makes not a bit of sense, I am aware and I do nothing about it. 

I also think it's weird when my cat stands in the shower and meows because all she wants me to do is start the shower so she can lick the water off the wall. Big time weird. Weirdo weird. 

I try really hard not to judge anyone for what they do or how they do it because we all know there is a possibility our actions could be seen as weird by others. Some of us are ok with that and don't give it another thought, some of us let it really affect us and try hard not to do those things. The latter was me for many years of my life and it was exhausting. At the end of the day, the only person who was being deeply affected by being "normal" was me and this was no way to live. 

Now, if I want to talk to myself in my office at work, it's happening. If I decide to dance in the middle of the grocery store because I like the song and most likely will be singing it too - done and done (I'm a really good singer, btw). And you might catch me drinking a beer with a straw, don't knock it until you try it because my theme this year is all about embracing the weird. 

Weird is a side effect of awesome and I am here for it. 

#embracethehellyeah | #embracetheweird

~AE



No comments:

Post a Comment