11.07.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 #HellYeah Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.

#WeeklyWisdom:  #embracethehellyeah

What do you always say no to but you really want to say yes? 

Hmmm, what does that mean you may be asking. I have always kind of lacked the ability to notice what is happening all around me. Not because I am unfocused but because I have struggled with thinking great things just don't happen around or to me.  Until I paid attention and understood great things are not going to happen unless I start making them happen. We cannot wait around for someone else to make greatness happen in our lives. We must make decisions, seize opportunities and starting embracing what is in front of us just waiting for us to reach out. 

We can put off a lot of things because we create every excuse we possibly can imagine. We tell ourselves we don't have time, we don't have the money, someone in my life thinks it silly, I can't take off work, I don't want to do it alone, I just can't.  There is no time like right now to embrace the hell yeah. Embrace the timing of your life as being the right time and don't hold back on anything you want to experience in your life. Don't pass up on the dessert, don't pass up on the concert you have been wanting to see, apply for the job, buy the shoes, go on the road trip, kiss that special person. If it makes you say hell yeah" you must embrace it. 

Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation.

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast featuring Registered Dietitian Caroline Weeks

Today’s conversation is with Caroline Weeks, a Registered Dietitian who discovered dietetics through a unique journey while studying music performance.

Caroline and I met through the Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics when she joined our team of media spokespersons. When we met, I knew this dietitian was going to be a mover and shaker in our profession. It was great to have this conversation with her because of how she discovered dietetics mid way through her college career, while she was studying music performance as a classically trained violist. Caroline shares her journey so far and how she is using all aspects of her education and experiences in  her life as a Registered Dietitian.


Connect with Caroline on Facebook, Instagram,  Linkedin and Youtube.

Nosh Three. Weekly #HellYeah. 

My friend Bri from @abitofnutrition shared a post on Instagram saying "Hype Yourself Up Before You Psych Yourself Out" yesterday and this really resonated with me this week. You know I like to find the joy in each day but I was kind of forgetting it because I was so overwhelmed with everything I had going on this past week. Burning to many candles at both ends, so to say and not feeling I was doing any of it very well. But then I got these lovely flowers in this powerful red color, which helps psych me up instead of telling myself I can't handle the craziness of it all.

Red flowers

I also thought it might be a good idea to try out the new burger place in town, Wahlburgers. Can you tell it was so hard to choose?  I wanted a little bit of everything so luckily by burger partner in crime agreed to share the Triple Decker Burger with me and then enjoy the french fries, sweet potato tots, mac and cheese and onion rings. All of it was delish!  The burger was perfectly cooked and the government cheese with Wahl sauce was the glue to hold it all together. Make sure to read all the toppings, they do put fresh jalapenos on some of their burgers and they are spicy. The onion rings, french fries and tator tots were crispy and tender in the inside and the mac and cheese was just the right amount of creamy and salty. I really wanted to try one of their milkshakes but I knew I couldn't handle the food and the milkshake, so there will be another trip in my future. 

Burgers, Onion Rings, Sweet Potato Tots, French Fries and Triple Decker Burger from Walhburgers, West Des Moines, Iowa

Part of psyching myself out this week was having this lovely lady and RD2Be, Becca as my intern. I love having interns and being a preceptor, but I always worry I am not doing the best job or maybe they are not getting the experience they were looking for. We had a lot going on during her time with me and I hope she enjoyed being exposed to what a retail dietitian does. What I thought was so great about having Becca is she wanted to be here, but didn't need the contact hours. She did this all on her own time to get exposure to other community opportunities. Mind blown. Anyone who has ever been a Dietetic Intern knows how much madness there is during their internship and are wishing for some downtime. She mad the most of her downtime and hung out with me. Becca, I wish you all the best in the near future and will absolutely enjoy following your journey. 

Registered Dietitian to Be, Iowa State University

As this is being released this morning, I am probably standing in my bathroom mirror going over my presentation today for the Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (IAND) Annual Meeting starting today. I have been visiting other states and it feels so great to be a part of the meeting this year in my home state and helping my fellow Iowa RDN's to #embracethehellyeah!


In honor of this week, I am doing a special IAND discount on my book for anyone who might be interested. You can go to my website and get the book for $9.99 and free shipping, I'm A Registered Dietitian...Now What? starting today through next Wednesday. 

I'm A Registered Dietitian...Now What?  Book by Anne Elizabeth

Nosh Four. Weekly Kick Ass Jams. 

With the time change, I am struggling to get out of bed so I am hoping this weeks playlist on Apple Music and Spotify will do the trick. It is a unique one and I really enjoyed listening to it this morning to get me psyched up!

Weekly Kick Ass Jams #embracethehellyeah playlist on Apple Music and Spotify.

Nosh Five. Things I Love Right Now. 

Last weekend, I went home to visit my family and celebrate my cousin Christine's birthday a little late. I found this bag of Reese's baking toppings and knew I had to make something with it for her. I also made some barbacoa tacos with fresh cilantro, tomatoes and onions but I didn't snap a photo because I wanted to leave the phone at home and be present in the moment with my family. However,  I did snap a photo of these brownies I baked prior to the trip home. I am still shocked I didn't eat any on the way because the smell was ridiculous!  I highly recommend this as a quick and cute dessert. All I did was make my aunties brownies with chocolate frosting and sprinkle it with the Reese's topping mix. A box mix and already prepared frosting would cut your time in half. I highly recommend making them in an 8x8 pan to get a thick and delicious brownie. It makes just enough for everyone to enjoy.

Brownies with Reeses pieces, mini Reese cups and a whole lotta love

~AE

*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!



No comments:

Post a Comment