11.14.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 #EmbracetheHellYeah Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.

#WeeklyWisdom: Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. A Veteran doesn't have that problem. Ronald Reagan

What does making a difference mean to you? 

Every year at my work, we have a free breakfast honoring our veterans. We take out all the produce aisle, put up tons of tables and welcome all the men and women who served our country from our community. We also have a map of the world and have each Veteran place a star on the location of where they served.  All of this is a very small token of our appreciation to these special people, many of which do not know what a difference they have truly made in the freedom we have in this country. 

We all can make a daily difference. We don’t have to wait for one day a year like Veterans Day or the upcoming holidays. We all can do our part by being good people, helping others, doing something you believe in and being respectful in the process. It’s time to put your star on the map and define the difference you want to make. 

 Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation.

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast featuring Registered Dietitian Sam Osterhaus

Today’s conversation is with Sam Osterhaus, a registered dietitian and food lover who just recently took a leap of faith in her career, started a new job and is living out her passion for public health.

Sam is the type of person you want to hang out with all the time because of her energy and maybe her awesome skills creating some delicious dishes in the kitchen. Sam had a great start to her career working in corporate wellness and foodservice, but her primary passion for public health kept tugging at her heart strings. While she has made the change, she is excited to work a job she loves as well as put love into her own private practice and the personal side to her dietitian life. Get to know Sam a little more today and learn why she is someone you will want to hang out with too.


Connect with Sam on her Mindfully Well website and Instagram.

Nosh Three. Weekly #HellYeah. 

Some of my favorite people who loved my Dad.

A few weeks ago, I had the joy to travel to Oklahoma to spend some time with a group of people I am fortunate to have known since I was a little girl. There has been some time in between visits with some of them, but I hope to change this moving forward. These men and their lovely wives spent a lot of time with my Dad, wayyy before I ever existed. When I was younger, I loved when Dad's Air Force buddies would come visit because it meant story time. And let me tell you, these stories are the best. It was also the only time it was ok my young ears heard certain words. What I love about it now, is hearing those stories through my adult ears and having a better understanding about this time in all of their lives. They were brothers and love each other more than anyone will ever know. I am just lucky to still be a part of these special relationships and get the opportunity to be a part of these priceless connections.  This trip really made my heart full and I look forward to next year. 

Crazy ladies in the car
Crazy car shenanigans with Barb and Mom. 

Technology multitasking at its best
Tresa takes technology multitasking to the next level with this irresistible photo. While she was in the "office" she had her iPhone, iPad and Kindle operating at the same time to get shit done. 

Biscuits, gravy and coffee.
Breakfast of biscuits and homemade gravy was dreamy. Carol make some delicious gravy. It was so good, Tresa kept the leftovers for the next day. I was a little jealous but did have seconds. 

It's the little things, thanks Delta Airlines

This Veterans Day, I was traveling and Delta offered a sweet treat in honor of our Veterans.  I really thought this was a nice gesture, while some passengers voiced otherwise. It's the small things that recognizes people who do big things. It is being grateful for the service and sacrifice by being a good American. This is the best way to give thanks, it is by showing them, every day, all year long.  

Nosh Four. Weekly Playlist. 

Weekly Music Playlist on Apple Music and Spotif
This weeks "Veterans Day" music playlist can be found on Apple Music and Spotify

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

Proud to be an American:  DTR Anita Tamborrel Davila

In the spirit of the season, I had to share this with you. I met my friend Anita through social media and we recently had a great conversation. At the time of our conversation, she had a list of things she wanted to accomplish in the near future but she left out this being one of them. Congratulations Anita Tamborrel Davila on becoming a citizen!  I am in awe of everything she has accomplished and I look forward to sharing her journey so far with you all very soon on the podcast. 


~AE

*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment