10.31.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 Inspirational Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.
#PearMonsters courtesy of USA Pears.
Does aging bother you?

The only time age bothers me is when it takes a little more stretching to get out of bed in the morning or when I get pooped a little bit earlier in the day - otherwise, it doesn't bother me at all. The year I turned 25 was a lot harder for me than the year I turned 40. I know why. I was a lot of things but mostly the fear of the unknown. I was young, starting my whole life after college and had not a friggin clue what I was doing. But age 40, yeah that felt good. I finally felt after a brief intermission of 15 years that included a little bit of good, a little bit of so-so and too much shitty, I really like how 40 fit. It was finally a time in my life I felt good in my skin and was looking forward to the road ahead. I truly 'leveled-up."

It all honestly, you can tell people whatever age you want to tell them. Sometimes I tell people I am 10 years older. It really doesn't matter. What does matter is how you feel at this time in your life. A few aches and pains are tolerable as long as they are not in your mind or in your heart. Don't wait until the next level to make it the best level. 


Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation.

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth October Top 5 in 5


Each week, I put out my Weekly Wisdom Blog which includes my Top 5 Nutrition Noshes: my Weekly Wisdom, my Weekly Conversations, my Weekly Hellyeah, my Weekly Kick Ass Jams  and What I Love Right Now. At the end of each month, I want to get more up close and personal with you all on the other side of the airwaves. I will be recapping my crazy, delicious and random #hellyeah adventures in my  Top 5 in 5. This month, I’m sharing with you why I didn’t attend FNCE and some random thoughts on human connection.
Connect and let me know what you think by emailing me or connecting with me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter

Nosh Three. Weekly #Hellyeah. 

My sweet, sweet friend Jason 'leveled-up' to a new decade and his significant other Justin set up the best surprise for him. I picked him up bright and early in the morning to entertain him for the day and it had to be the most awful day of his life. I tried to play it off like I had some amazing day of birthday fun planned for him, when really it was him helping me run random errands, going to a Cross Country meet and watching random TV shows...without any cocktails. Then I asked if he was ready to get home and I am pretty sure he said yes before I even finished my question. 

Surprise!
As we pulled up to Jason's house, the front was plastered with a little surprise. 

Happy Level 40 Jason!
All the amazing family and friends who came to celebrate Jason. 

Titos Vodka Birthday Cake
This cake is 100% on the money for Jason's Birthday and I am still in awe of the detail of this cake. I also just realized I didn't get a taste!

Friends are the best!
Hallway shenanigans before the party bus arrived. I get so much joy from seeing these smiling faces. 

The birthday boy getting serenaded at Blue Moon Dueling Piano Bar, West Des Moines, Iowa
Jason getting a little birthday song at Blue Moon Dueling Piano Bar. Such a fun place to go in West Des Moines to celebrate any occasion and there were A LOT of celebrations in the crowd. 

Friends celebrating Jason.
Always take photos of any special events in your life. These are the moments you will cherish and will brighten any day you need a pick me up. My heartbeats are priceless. 

Nosh Four. Weekly Kick Ass Jams. 

Level Up Kick Ass Jams Playlist on AppleMusic and Spotify
My "Level Up" Kick Ass Jams of the week are available on AppleMusic and Spotify. 

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

I couldn't choose between what I was loving right now. October is National Pork Month and Halloween, so my things I love are a combination of both. The National Pork Board has a wealth of information about the health and nutrition of pork. My favorite, Pork tenderloin, for example, is just as lean as skinless chicken breast and meets the government guidelines for “extra lean”. In total, six pork cuts meet the USDA guidelines for “lean,” with less than 10 grams fat, 4.5 grams saturated fat and 95 milligrams of cholesterol per serving. Any cuts from the loin — like pork chops and pork roast — are leaner than skinless chicken thigh, according to USDA data. Pork steaks or roasts from the leg (“fresh ham”) are also lean choices.  And don't forget to cook it to the internal temp of 145 degrees for the perfect pork that stay juicy and tender, especially for the leaner cuts. 

Pork Loin dinner.
I made this delicious Jerk Seasoned Pork Tenderloin, get the recipe here from the Pork Checkoff

Spooktacular cereals.
Last month, some friends and I were talking about our favorite cereals and mine were Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Kix and Life. They mentioned these 3 cereals and I had no idea what they were talking about nor have I ever eaten them. Needless to say, I got a box of goodies on my doorstep this past week and guess what I am having for breakfast, lunch and dinner today for Halloween? 

#WisdomWednesday:  Let's start referring to age as 'levels', so when you're level 70, you've leveled-up and it sounds more badass.
The final thing I love this week is one of our Dietitian Picks this month:  USA Pears. I always feel good about giving kids fruit for Halloween but I think they were a little more accepting because USA Pears sent these adorable sticker sheets for the kids to make their own #PearMonster during our Trick or Treat event at the Fleur Hy-Vee. 

~AE

*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment