10.21.2020

"Daylight Savings Time Again?" Weekly Wisdom

 


What are you going to do with your extra hour next Sunday?

Oh daylight savings time, you little minx you. It doesn't matter if I gain or lose and hour, it makes me a mess. I get the blues because there is less daylight, but I get to sleep sooner because it's dark. My wake up time is not 4 or 5 am, it is now 2 am because gangster kitty is a mess and her internal eating clock is off too. Once January rolls around, we almost have our shit together. Vicious cycle. Every. Single. Time. 

So what will I do with my extra hour this Sunday?  If you know me, time is a gift and the most valuable resource we have. We never get it back as it passes us by. As much as I complain about "falling back,"  I also realize I am being given an extra hour. What dollar amount would I put on it? None, because it is priceless. I am thrilled to get an hour more worth of sleep (maybe) and also excited to have a Sunday at home to start prepare for my winter hibernation routine - one where I do everything to not get depressed when I do not see daylight or it has snowed 17 inches for the 40th time this year. I use this extra hour to mentally prepare for another season in my life that requires a little patience and more self care. I know I will be a POS for a few weeks after DST but I also embrace this joyful gift of time. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE



No comments:

Post a Comment