1.23.2019

#WeeklyWisdom: "Less Stuff More Life" Nosh

#WeeklyWisdom:  "Less Stuff More Life" Nosh

Have you become interested in the tidying up and minimalism movement?

There has been this surge in interest in cleaning up the clutter with minimalism and the KonMari method with a new show on Netflix. People are becoming more and more interested in cleaning out their homes and removing extra "stuff" in their lives. 

I can say with 100% hell yeah, I am completely into it. 

A few years ago, I have a self realization of clutter. But it wasn't the clutter occupying my home, it was the clutter occupying my head. I had let a bunch of "stuff" take up residence in my head and was continuing to fill up every nook and cranny of space I had left. I could not shut my brain off at night because of constant thoughts racing around including feelings of inadequacy, defeat and failure. One day, I had enough. I had to deal with everything going on in my head and my heart, so I could free up space for the "lift me up" things. 

Before you start minimalism or tidying up spaces in your home, you must first de-clutter your head, otherwise none of your hard work will continue. Things get messy and un-tidy in our homes because we are not dealing with the emotional parts of our lives. This is the hard stuff. The stuff that takes awhile to go through and find a place for. 

To start your journey to less stuff and more life, you must start with your mind. 

#embracethehellyeah | #lesstuffmorelife

~AE


No comments:

Post a Comment