9.16.2020

"When is Too Much, Too Much?" Weekly Wisdom

 

When it Too Much, Too Much Weekly Wisdom

When is too much, too much?

I about fell out of my chair when I saw a commercial for the doggie DNA kit. On one hand, I think it is great we have access to so many great things. The new discoveries, technology, science - it all fascinates me. On the other hand, I feel some of what is out there and also being developed is bananas. And the price tags on everything, even more bananas. 

There is not a day that goes by where something doesn't shock me. I might be a little ultra sensitive, like many of us are right now. Maybe it is my age, where I actually give thought to what I do and say. Maybe it is my values and how I was raised. Maybe I have just come to terms with how our world is right now, living life on demand of wanting more.

The more the better. The American dream. Money can buy anything. 

And I am just as guilty. I was talking with a co-worker of mine who is from Jamaica. He always asks me how my cat is and he just laughs and laughs. He knows she runs like house like she owns it, has a kitty fountain and a heated pad she sleeps on. He tells me how the cats in Jamaica live outside on the streets and fight the dogs for the scraps of food that MAY possibly be laying around or given to them. He reminds me my cat would never make it in Jamaica and I agree with him. She wouldn't make it on the streets of suburban Des Moines. I am part of living that "extra" life. 

It doesn't mean, I will be taking away any of her luxuries or any of mine but I know there is much in this world I do not need. I do not need a kitty DNA kit, ever. I hope I never see that commercial. And when I think I "want" something, I am just going to think about conversations with my co-worker and the kitties living on the streets in Jamaica. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE


No comments:

Post a Comment