9.23.2020

"Falling Into Change". Weekly Wisdom


What is one thing that is changing in this season your life?

It all happened so fast. One day the leaves were all green on my trees and then, they weren't. I was looking outside at my crab apple tree the day after I mowed the lawn. Not one leaf on the ground yesterday, now there were 30 at least. 

Just as the seasons change, so does things in our life. Faster than we could ever know. Sometimes we notice, sometimes we don't. The most impactful things are apparent but it's the little things, we need to pay more attention too. Like the single green leaf turning yellow. 

Change is good. Change is hard. Change is sad. Change is joyful. Change is necessary. Change is the only thing consistent in our lives. 

The thing I embrace most about the seasons (which is hard when you live in Iowa and know what the winter months will bring) is the change that comes along with it...in myself. Where I started out on June 20th is different then where I will end up on September 22nd. 3 months ago, I was this version of Anne. I did and felt a lot of things during that time. Next season will be a different version of Anne. 

I set 3 goals for myself at the beginning of each season. 
~ One health goal
~ One professional goal
~ One goal that will bring someone else joy

I don't think about them beforehand, but let the "first day" of the season inspire me and the goals I set out to accomplish. On the last day of the season is where I review, reflect and see how far I have come. 

Just as the leaves change or the grass starts to grow, so should you. Embrace the season of life you are in, don't wish for a different one or wait for your favorite one to come. Each season has a purpose and is an opportunity for your growth...just like that. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE




 

No comments:

Post a Comment