4.29.2020

"Opening Up America" Weekly Wisdom

White background with grey polka dots with the quote I'm excited about the country opening up. I know the first place I am going:  home written in black and underlined.

The world is opening back up, where are you going first?

I officially just broke my first nail, I need a haircut. I am waiting to reschedule my dentist appointment and need to schedule my yearly lady appointment and physical. But it can all wait. I am not going to break out of my house like I haven't seen daylight in 6 weeks. 

I am just going home. 

Logically, in my head, there is nothing I need to do immediately. I am not going crazy or feeling trapped. I have not felt this way through the whole quarantine. I have actually loved every single minute. It might be because I am still working and I get that interaction with my co-workers and other humans each day but I think it is more than that. I had to slow down.  I had to go home after work each night because nothing else was open. I didn't go visit family and friends because I am exposed to a lot of people and did not want to risk being a carrier and getting my Mom or my 94 year old gramma sick. I didn't get to hop on a plane and jet set around the world at my leisure. I didn't get to go to the concerts I had bought tickets to. 

I am 100% okay with all of it. 

I am thriving now more than ever. I am getting 7-8 hours of sleep consistently. I am exercising everyday and enjoying it. I am cooking more and creating meals I look forward to eating. I am reading, watching movies I have always wanted to see and journaling more. I am feeling inspired, full of energy and joy. I am looking forward to seeing the faces of the people I love in person but I am going to be more thoughtful of how I spend my time with them. I am thinking more of what I really want to do with my life, places I want to visit and things I want to learn. I am keeping this whole "pause" in life in perspective when developing my future plans. 

But for now and for the next months, I am still planning on just going home, to do my part in this recovery effort of our new normal. Because for me, things will not go back to how they always were and I don't want them to.

#embracethehellyeah

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment