10.16.2019

"Do You Find the Joy in Each Day?" Weekly Wisdom

Find the Joy in Each Day Weekly Wisdom

Do you make it a priority to find the joy in each day?

Each morning when I head to the gym, I talk to myself in my car, pray for the ones I love and remind myself to always choose joy throughout my day. Many times during my day, I find myself getting frustrated, losing patience, dropping my pen a million times on the floor...and I am working on stopping myself to knock it off and find joy in the exact moment I am struggling in.  

Damn, it is hard. 

As FNCE is approaching, I think this could also be put into use during the conference. There is no dreamier place to be as a dietitian but let's be honest, we are in the midst of over 10,000 registered dietitians, students, speakers and vendors. There will be things you want to do, people you want to meet, lectures you want to hear and parties you want to attend. There is so much to do in a short period of time, we tend to not get enough sleep and the edge starts to set in. And don't get me started on the lines for coffee...

There are going to be many things testing your patience and this is totally normal at FNCE. If you are doing something at FNCE not giving you joy, there are plenty of other opportunities that will. You don't have to stay in a lecture you're not learning from. Go only to the events that get you excited, you will regret going to the ones that don't.  Make sure you find your zen before you go into the expo and allow yourself enough time to get around to everything you want to see. 

And yes, I am going to say this:  You are not going to vibe with every dietitian you meet and that's OK. Connect with like-minded friends and spend time with the ones who bring you joy. It will make your experience much more memorable and rewarding. 

#embracethehellyeah | #lessstuffmorelife

~AE



No comments:

Post a Comment