2.13.2019

#WeeklyWisdom and Always Have Love in Your Heart Valentine's Day Nosh

#WeeklyWisdom and Always Have Love in Your Heart Valentine's Day Nosh

What is it you like about Valentine's Day?

This question gets a variety of answers. It is either "I love it" or "I hate it" mostly based on a plethora of past experiences. I have a combination of both. 

I love it because I feel all warm and fuzzy for my heartbeats and celebrate our special relationships. I also love it because hello, all my favorite colors and my favorite shape: pink, red, white, purple, hearts, hearts and more hearts. It is also in February, my favorite month of the year, just in time for when we need a little pick me up after all the excitement of the holidays. 

I sometimes don't love it because of how some people measure their sense of worth based on a delivery of flowers, a special dinner or exorbitant gift from their special someone. The worst was when I was in high school and I felt my worth. At the end of the day, they would call the name of everyone who received a delivery on Valentine's Day to come to the office. If your name wasn't called, well you get the idea. It felt awful. No one should feel that way. but it is hard to realize for some of us it is just one day.  We should be expressing our love like this to the people who mean the most to us...everyday. Why do so many wait for this one day a year?  

 Don't let a high school memory of Valentine's Day ruin it forever for you. Don't let a forgotten gift or sentiment, make you become hard and angry towards future friends and significant others, don't let yourself determine your worth by receiving something on February 14th.  

Do everything in with love in your heart. Say everything with love in your heart. Live daily with love in your heart. 

#embracethehellyeah |  #lessstuffmorelife

~AE




No comments:

Post a Comment