2.20.2019

#WeeklyWisdom and Happy New Years/Birthday Nosh

#WeeklyWisdom and Happy New Years/Birthday Nosh

What is your favorite way to celebrate your birthday?

If you have been following along on the blog, you know I LOVE to celebrate the birthdays of my heartbeats. It is their special day and the best holiday to celebrate. I think it is very important to do exactly what you want on your special day and to let others help celebrate you. 

I got divorced in the month of December. It was the shittiest time of year. The time of year when everyone is suppose to be jolly and spending time with loved ones. All I wanted to do was be alone. I didn't want to be with anyone or celebrate anything, which trickled into New Years. It was that year I decided I was going to not celebrate my birthday but I would celebrate my New Years. No January 1st for me, thank you very much. Why not ring in my next trip around the sun popping champagne and throwing confetti?

Ever since I started this new tradition, I celebrate me and a new year of intention. I celebrate having direction, purpose and passion. I celebrate the gift of another day on this earth. This New Years, I will be celebrating with champagne, a touch of red lipstick and a little adventure. 

#embracethehellyeah | #lessstuffmorelife

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment