8.29.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.


#WeeklyWisdom:  Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should go to the beach.

If you were offered a plane ticket to go anywhere in the world with your best friend -
where would you go?

Each year, my credit card gives me a free companion ticket to fly anywhere in the United States. Sadly, there were a couple of years I did not use my companion ticket. How dumb was that? This year, I vowed to never let than happen again because I know travel is something I really enjoy and I find a lot of inspiration while I am gone and when I return home. 

While I love to travel, it can also wear me out and recently, I have embraced that I don't have to go anywhere far that needs an airline ticket. I can go places where I find exactly what I am needing at the moment. Do I need to disconnect from my phone?  Leave it at home and walk down the street and find a park bench to sit on. Do I want to learn something new?  Go to a local historical landmark, museum, or use my new fancy library card. Do I need to laugh?  Watch a favorite movie from my childhood. Each day, I go "somewhere" to be inspired, usually with a podcast on the way to work or a conversation with one of my heartbeats.  I love a good vacation but location is just geography - our minds and memories can take us anywhere anytime we need to go. 

Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation.

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth:  August Top 5 in 5


Each week, I put out my Weekly Wisdom Blog which includes my Top 5 Nutrition Noshes: Wisdom, Weekly Conversations, Week in Review, Workout Playlist of the Week and What I Love Right Now. At the end of each month, I want to get more up close and personal with you all on the other side of the airwaves. I will be recapping my crazy, delicious and random as hell adventures-as well as having a conversation with you all on this side of the mic. It’s my Top 5 in 5. It’s been a hot minute since I have been home (lil g is constantly reminding me of my absence) so let’s end the summer talking about the importance of being inspired.
Connect and let me know what you think by emailing me or connecting with me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter



Nosh Three. Week of Inspiration. 

This past weeks inspiration was from time with my dear friend Carlena and travel to the beach. This was travel with no intention or another way to #slowtravel. There were no plans, no set schedule, plenty of sun, sand, socialization and sleep. Being inspired during travel, means taking in the surroundings of where you are. It is place you "visit" and when you pay attention to everything around you, your mind will take mental pictures to take you back there when you want to go. St. Petersburg, FL was a new beach experience and I loved every minute of it with my bestie.

Excited to be traveling on Delta!
Excited to be on the plane and headed to our destination of
St. Petersburg, FL

Beach Bums!
The minute we got there, we headed to Publix to get beach food and drinks,
checked into our hotel and got to our cabana to soak up the sun. 

Tradewinds Island Resort St. Petersburg, FL
The sunset and fire pit lounge area at Tradewinds Island Resort.
The perfect place to relax and listen to music after a day of fun in the sun. 

Key Lime Pie
A trip to Florida must ALWAYS include a slice of key lime pie.

Sunset St. Petersburg, Florida.
These views are what dreams are made of.
Inspiration from this trip will stay present because of #slowtravel.


Nosh Four. Weekly Music Playlist. 

This is a compilation of the music that made the trip. It might only provide certain memories to us and our beach shenanigans but to start the playlist in honor of Aretha was a must. You can find my Florida Weekly Music Playlist on Apple Music and Spotify.

Florida Weekly Music Playlist on Apple Music and Spotify


Nosh Five. What I'm Loving Right Now. 

I have this amazing friend who always is so thoughtful. Brenda sent me this sweet treat in honor of my Florida vacation from my new sweet treat eatery - Sugar Makery in Glenwood, Iowa. I have mentioned them before when I enjoyed their ice cream sammies and cotton candy this past July. I got a bag of there seasonal flavor Key Lime Pie with the most uplifting note.

Sugar Makery Key Lime Popcorn, Glenwood, Iowa
Sugar Makery Key Lime Pie Popcorn


This is like being in Florida all over again. There was a nice key lime flavor that wasn't too strong, crunchy sweet chunks of graham crackers and all drizzled with white chocolate. Beachy Florida vibes in a bag of popcorn and the love of a friend is priceless. If you are ever in the western part of Iowa, please make a stop to enjoy some amazing treats. 

~AE


*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!


No comments:

Post a Comment