8.22.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom. 
#WeeklyWisdom:  You don't have to be crazy to work here. We'll train you.
Do you like the people you work with?

When you start a job, it is kind of crapshoot of if you are going to really like the job, fit in with the others who already work there and if you will actually like the humans you spend 8+ hours a day away from home.  I don't know if I have been extremely lucky or if I am just in the best profession on the planet (well yes, that is a given) but I have genuinely really liked all my co-workers - and this includes my high school, college and adult working career. 

In all of my jobs, I am still friends with at least one person from each professional stepping stone which I am very grateful for.  When you are choosing a job, the people you work with are a very important piece of the puzzle to your professional growth, advancement, knowledge and sanity. They can also be a deal breaker. Just like the people you surround yourself with in your personal life, if they don't build you up, you must let them go. It is ok to leave a job if the chemistry with others isn't there and it's ok to stay at a job when the chemistry is on fire. 

You spend a majority of your most precious currency at the J.O.B. - make it the most positive you can with the best people you can!


Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation. 

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth featuring Founder and CEO of P.S. Snacks, Nikki Azzara

Today’s conversation is with Nikki Azzara, an entrepreneur with a sweet tooth who created
better-for-you snacks in her college dorm room.

Just like me, you may have seen photos of P.S. Snacks on social media which is the cookie and brownie dough you can eat made from chickpeas. I was curious about these snacks for my own personal use and after reaching out to the company, I received an email from the Founder herself. After exchanging a few emails, I knew I wanted to get to know Nikki a little better. This woman has such an extreme passion for her business as well as creating a product everyone can consume at any time of the day.  Our conversation takes us through all the steps of her product creation, to starting her business and what there is to come for this boss babe and CEO.


Connect with Nikki on her website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Nosh Three. Week in Review.

Gluten-Free New York TImes Chocolate Chip Cookie

Hellloooo, cookies!  This past week was a pretty great week at work. I have been working with a great group of people fight diabetes in a year long Diabetes Prevention Program and Monday was their last class. I am so proud of all the hard work this group put in to lowering their blood sugars, losing weight, moving more and learning as much as they could about living a happy and healthy life. We also connected with each other and built friendships that will last a lifetime. I am very grateful for each and every one of them and decided they deserved a graduation goodie, so I made my favorite cookies that are in no way changed to be healthier or lower in sugar. Just good wholesome chocolate chip cookie delicious. I adapted the recipe to meet the needs of a couple of the participants in my group who have Celiac Disease and substituted with Domata Gluten-Free Flour. Domata is my favorite all purpose ready-to-rock gluten-free flour for everything, especially with the New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.  The only thing I did differently with the flour is instead of the cake flour, I used the Domata flour and sifted it 3 times to lighten it up. 

Principal Park Des Moines, Iowa

The next day it was off to Principal Park to watch the I-Cubs in Des Moines for the annual Des Moines Area Hy-Vee Manager outing for good eats, good drinks, good baseball and good times with co-workers. 

Fleur Drive Hy-Vee Friends and Co-Workers
Fleur Drive Hy-Vee Managers: Jason, Andy, Mark, Alicia and Kim

Beers, Cheers!

Dietitians are the best humans!
Two of my favorite Hy-Vee Dietitians:  Courtney and Julie
It was great to spend the afternoon away from work, enjoy the outdoors in beautiful downtown Des Moines and hang out with these awesome people from work. Another great joy of the week. However I have no idea who won the game. Ha!

Waukee Public Library

The other thing I made a point to do this past week, which I have been meaning to do for over 2 years now, is finally get my library card to the Waukee Public Library. I tend to buy books, not read them and end up donating them, so it was time and completely fits into my mode of #lessstuffmorelife. I am excited because I can also listen to audio books online, similar to the podcasts that get me through the drive to work and home each day. What book should I read/listen to first?  

Nosh Four. Workout Playlist of the Week. 

We always have a great variety of music playing at work and you may find me singing or dancing in the aisles on occasion. Just another great thing about my daily hustle, great people and great music. This weeks playlist on Apple Music and Spotify

"Daily Hustle" Workout Playlist of the Week on Apple Music and Spotify

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

My little beach garden.

One of my sweet class participants gave me this adorable little beach garden with a live air plant. How cute is this?  I think I will be able to keep it alive and it will look perfect in my office. It is the little like this that really keeps me so fulfilled as a dietitian. Sometimes you just never know - it it really nice to get feedback on helping someone. Great reminder I am on the right path. 

~AE

*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment