8.15.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 Colorado Nutrition Noshes Part Two

Nosh One. Wisdom.

#WeeklyWisdom: Gratitude is so gangster - Mary Obasi

What is one thing you are grateful for right now?

August is kind of a tough month for me. Just a lot of personal "stuff" bringing up "all the feels," including some shitty ones. I saw this post awhile back and was instantly drawn to it because it snaps me out of an icky mood. I have sooooo much to be grateful for - why in the world would I ever waste one minute feeling any pains of the past?  

At any moment in your day, if you find yourself feeling uneasy, upset, angry, sad, uncomfortable, hateful - ask yourself, what are you grateful for? There should never be a time when you ask yourself this question that there is no answer. If you don't have an answer, I feel very sorry for you. Awesome things are happening to you all the time and have been since the day you were born. 

Be aware, be present and always be gangster. 

Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation. 

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast featuring Registered Dietitian Dr. Claudia T. Felty

Today’s conversation is with Dr. Claudia, a recovered calorie counter, dessert loving dietitian, educator, and dog mom who dreams big without diets.

A couple of years ago, I met Claudia at FNCE during a networking event. I felt as if I had met her before or knew her in some other professional group. Then I remembered how we connected on social media. She had been doing a series of educational videos on a variety of hot topics in nutrition. While we were talking in person, I learned more about her educational journey to become Dr. Claudia and her passion for intuitive and mindful eating. This woman is my intuitive eating go-to and someone I admire for how she is using her expertise in health communications to educate the world on food freedom.


Connect with Dr. Claudia on her website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.

Nosh Three. Week in Review. 

The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, CO

Colorado was a treat because we got to spend a lot of time with family and friends whom we haven't seen in a very long time. It was one of those busy vacations but full of so much joy. In between our family time, Mom and I decided to sneak away and do a little exploring ourselves. 

The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, CO

We spent half the day at The Broadmoor, walking around the beautiful hotel and exploring the calm and peacefulness of the area. There are so many interesting areas of the hotel and I enjoyed looking at the historic memorabilia of the hotel. Like the different china they used, photos of the what the rooms looked like and sitting in the quaint library. Will we were walking around, a bride was with her coordinators scheduling her wedding. Wowza. 

The Hotel Bar at the Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, CO

We enjoyed a few cocktails and snacks at the Hotel Bar, sitting by the lake in the midst of the background of mountains. The sun was shining and it was the perfect day to enjoy the outdoors and non-humid Colorado air. 

Mom and Me

Our next part of the day lead us to Seven Falls, which is managed by The Broadmoor. We were ready for some hiking (and eating). The Broadmoor has it set up perfectly by taking us to a parking lot and then shuttled to the base of the falls. There is were you purchase tickets and start walking. It is very well kept with paved roads and plenty of space for everyone visiting. Dogs are even welcome! The scenery is beautiful. I do recommend wearing your walking shoes. You could throw on your 4 inch wedges but bring some bandaids and pain relief ointment. 

Coors Light, always a Colorado staple

Half way up (before you reach the real climb and trails) is Restaurant 1858, which is named after the Gold Rush Era and the motto "Pikes Peak or Bust" and is settled in the middle of the Cheyenne Canyon. While we were waiting for our table, we had few drinks at the bar. They had a wide selection of craft brews, wines and spirits. In true Colorado fashion, I had to indulge in a Coors Light - I am classy like that and I do enjoy my silver bullet (in which I get A LOT of shit for from my friends). 

Pueblo Green Chili Smothered Pork Shoulder & Avocado Burrito at Restaurant 1858 at Seven Falls Colorado

Restaurant 1858 has amazing art and history throughout the building. We dined outside at the base of one of the falls and it was so relaxing!  It did rain for a few minutes, but the cool breeze and food was just what we needed to get ready for our hike. The lunch menu had many delicious items, including Colorado Rocky Mountain Trout, Wild Boar Green Chili and a Bison burger. There are also vegetarian options for those of you not into the meat. I chose the Pueblo Green Chili Smothered Pork Shoulder & Avocado Burrito because I needed my Green Chili fix and it was absolutely wonderful. The pork shoulder was cooked to perfection and it had the perfect amount of spice. 

Seven Falls, Colorado

We wrapped up lunch and went a walking. There are a few flights of stairs to climb to reach the hiking trails and kind of took our breath away.  We were a little leery at first but then we saw little kids and an expecting mother, so we put our big girl panties on and went for it. It was much easier going up than going down. Once we were up, it was great to go through the easy to navigate trails to see all the waterfalls. There is something for everyone, with a hollowed out side of a mountain to walk through with history on the walls and an elevator at the end, so you can skip the stairs. There is also zip lines tours, which I will be doing next time I go. Cocktails at The Broadmoor, hiking at Seven Falls and lunch on the patio at Restaurant 1858 is a Colorado Springs must. 

We Made It! Seven Falls, Colorado

We did it! I will cherish this day with my Mom forever and am so grateful for the experience. 

Nosh Four. Workout Playlist of the Week. 

All adventures on a vacation or the ones I experience every day at the gym deserve a fun and upbeat playlist. This one makes me super happy!  Find it on Apple Music and Spotify

Adventures Workout Playlist of the Week by AnneElizabeth on Spotify and Apple Music

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

My favorite products from MOCU Health as a MOCU Motivator.

On our way back home, I made a quick pit stop in Denver because I wanted to meet the owner of one of my favorite companies, MOCU Health.  I actually did a podcast with owner, Toby Reed, a while back (you can find the episode here) because of how his own personal health journey lead to owning this company. These are the kind of companies I appreciate and want to be a part of. I use their products every day and know it helps me along my own health journey. I am grateful to be a part of their MOCU Motivators Program and continue to spread the good word about products I love. If you have not listened to the podcast, please go there now. You will see why Toby is passionate about creating a great product, that is easily accessible to everyone and at an affordable cost.  I look forward to sharing more about how MOCU products are improving my life and health deliciously. 

~AE

*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own. I was given free product from MOCU Health for my own personal use and as always, I just love to share great things I use myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment