8.01.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 Laughter is the Best Medicine Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.

#WeeklyWisdom: How wonderful is it that we laugh because our bodies cannot contain the joy ~unknown
How many times a day do you think you laugh?

I wondered this myself and counted a couple days this past week. I average 23 times a day. On the days my laughter numbers were lower, I noticed my day wasn't as positive, it just didn't feel as good as the days I laughed markedly more. Did you know a kid laughs an average of 300 times a day?  I  Laughter does so many good things for our whole being, we should all be experiencing its great benefits as much as possible everyday. I think we have some work to do. 

Laughter can provide you all of these things:  immunity boost, decrease stress hormones, decrease tension in your whole body during stressful situations, adds joy, eases anxiety, improves mood and daily outlook, helps build positive relationships, makes us attractive to others, encourages teamwork and bonding between humans. 

If many of us are searching for the magic pill to make us the healthiest and happiest people, we should be turning to laughter. It truly is the best medicine. 


Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation. 

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast Top 5 in 5

Each week, I put out my Weekly Wisdom Blog which includes my Top 5 Nutrition Noshes: Wisdom, Weekly Conversations, Week in Review, Workout Playlist of the Week and What I Love Right Now. At the end of each month, I want to get more up close and personal with you all on the other side of the airwaves. I will be recapping my crazy, delicious and random as hell adventures as well as having a conversation with you all on this side of the mic. It’s my Top 5 in 5. Today I am recording from the road and having a little summer vacation and with my Mom, just like old times.
Connect and let me know what you think by emailing me or connecting with me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter

Nosh Three. Week in Review. 

Outdoor beauty on the farm

This weeks blog is inspired by an evening that actually occurred last year and I never got around to sharing it. Mom and I were invited for a little fiesta at my cousins Denis and Christine's home in beautiful rural Panama, Iowa. It was a gorgeous afternoon out. The perfect temperature for a later summer day, with bright sun during the day and a cool breeze in the evening. They have the coolest custom-made bar on their patio surrounded by quiet and calm scenery. 

Traditional Margarita recipe

We had snacks on the table and it was Margarita time!  Now, I usually do not drink Margaritas because most of the time they are made with a mix that gives me heartburn and is way too sweet but these were the best Margaritas I have ever had. On the rocks of course and no pre-made mix needed. 

THE Best Basic Margarita

3/4 cup tequila
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 4-6 limes)
1/2 cup of Triple Sec or Cointreau
1 lime sliced
kosher salt (optional)

Place first 3 ingredients into a shaker and blend. Pour over ice in a salt rimmed glass if desired and top with a fresh squeezed lime slice. 

California Avocado love and guacamole

A few margaritas in, we were started to eye up the perfectly ripe avocados I brought with me and I got to work and made guac. There is nothing fancy about my guac because my secret is purchasing some freshly made pico de gallo from my local Hy-Vee and blending it with avocados, sea salt to taste and freshly squeezed lime juice. Do not forgot the salt or the lime juice. In my eyes, these 2 things are the key to the best guac. 

Guacamole, pico de gallo and margaritas

The other key is serving them with a really good tortilla chip. I mean a really good one. Everyone has their preference on what kind of chip they like and I like my homemade or thicker and crunchy. Homemade chips are super simple to make, you can find my recipe here. The brand I like to purchase is Donkey Chips because of the crunch and they offer unsalted and salted options. 

Peacefulness

The best part of our party on the farm was not the food or the cocktails but the conversation we had. We laughed and laughed this evening. I wouldn't be able to count the number of times we laughed that night. It was night I will not forget and I know I felt the health benefits of our evening together. 

Nosh Four. Workout Playlist of the Week.

At the start of each month, I am compiling a little bit of a longer playlist to play for my longer workouts or road trips. Enjoy August with some great music on Apple Music and Spotify.

 August Workout Playlist of the Week on Itunes and Spotify

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

My Heartbeats

I love this photo of my heartbeats from our laugh fest. I may have even laughed a few times just looking at it. Laugh with the people you love as much as possible. 

~AE

*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!

5 comments:

  1. "Very interesting article, really. I visit again here to see more. Thank you.
    best margarita machine"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great share. Such a helpful and informative content. It helped me a lot. Thankful to you for sharing this information and along with this i also make a reference from commercialized frozen margarita machines to buy , I hope it also helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ’s Good Times, Inc. have the biggest and the best selection of party bus, bounce house, water slides, margarita machine, and tent rentals in DFW Texas area. We deliver party rental supplies in Dallas, Cleburne, Alvarado, Burleson, Midlothian, Maypearl, Crowley, Godley, Joshua, Lillian, Granbury, Fort Worth, and Southlake. Our best bounce house service, best party bus USA, water slides, margarita machine, and tent rentals are a great way to boost the fun level at any event, especially birthday and corporate events.

    ReplyDelete