4.11.2018

Weekly Wisdom and Only Getting Better Top 5 Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.

Weekly Wisdom:  It never gets easier, you just get better.

Have you heard the breaking news?

Being a human is hard. We put so many things on our plate at one time and try our hardest to harness our superhero powers to make it all happen. Each time we conquer a task, a new challenge arrives. How we address and attack the challenge is all on ourselves. Do we take the "whoa as me" approach or do we take the view of "I got this?" The ultimate question is are we even putting ourselves out there for the challenge?

Things don't get easier, no matter which approach you choose. This is why is it called a challenge. I challenge myself, get out of my comfort zone and try new things to get better. I want to be better. I want to be better at all the things that scare the crap out of me. I want to get better at being a great human. If things seem easier, then I know I am getting better. 

And knowing is half the battle. 

Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation. 

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast featuring Registered Dietitian Liz Dunn

Today’s conversation is with Liz Dunn, a registered dietitian with a passion for sports nutrition, being active and wheelchair rugby.

This is another episode of where I sing the praises of Instagram and how it brings people together. I started following Liz last year and I remember the first photo of hers I saw. It was of her with holding her paper stating she had passed the RD exam. But what really caught my attention was she said in the caption “I may not be where I hoped to be at this point, but that’s ok.”  I remember thinking, neither am I and you know what, it is ok! There is so much more to Liz’s story and I am happy we were able to have such a great conversation.


Connect with Liz by email, her website Adapting Nutrition and follow her on Instagram

Nosh Three. Week in Review. 

How can I not have a great week with a food this delicious and a sign this adorable?  It is really fun being a retail dietitian. I get to be around food and people and fun all the time. Every month, we have a dietitian pick in the store and this month is a really great one. Avocados are really popular right now but there are still people who are scared of these green balls of goodness. I get the opportunity to educate everyday but the best part is getting the opportunity to have people of all ages taste food where food means the most. The most rewarding part of my job is seeing the face of someone who thought they didn't like a food, give it another try and tell me they liked it. It is the best. 

Hy-Vee Dietitian Pick of the Month:  Avocados

This past week, we finally got to close out my March Birthday celebrations with my friend Ryan's 40th year on this earth. 

This is 40!

Kevin threw a great get together to celebrate this special milestone in Ryan's life. 

"Celebrating Ryan" Cocktail Club: Sloe Gin Fizz

We of course had Cocktail Club with a Sloe Gin Fizz, which I have never had before.  Anything with a cherry on top is something I knew I would like. It was very refreshing and not too sweet. I liked the combination of the fresh lemon juice and the soda addition for bubbles. I will have this again.

Festive Birthday decor

Kevin decorated with photos of Ryan all over the house. It was fun to reminisce the years since I have known Ryan and the years I hadn't. This is a kick ass idea for a future birthday of someone special in your life. Collect photos of who you are celebrating from different people like family and friends. Place them in different areas of the space you are holding the party. Kevin had them on balloons, hanging from doorways, on the refrigerator and in the space by the food. Each time you changed locations, you caught a different and fun photo of Ryan. 

Festive Birthday Eats

Festive Birthday Gifts:  Magic Tracks Mega Set

The theme of the evening reminded us all we are never to old to enjoy anything you want in life. Including your own Magic Tracks Mega Set and being able to watch Wrestlemania and just be a kid again. Not everything has to be so serious all the time and we don't have to act our age all the time. It's only a number. 

Wrestlmania 34


Nosh Four. Workout Playlist of the Week. 

I am only getting better week by week with my workouts too. It is all about being consistent and working hard. It doesn't get easier, I just get better and stronger. I love noticing that as each week goes by and enjoying this weeks playlist on Apple Music and Spotify

Only Getting Better Workout Playlist of the Week on Apple Music and Spotify by AnneElizabethRD

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

What I Love Right Now~ Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Conference: Passion Into Action
I am very excited (and nervous) to have the opportunity to travel this week to Wisconsin and speak during their Annual Conference this year. I love Registered Dietitians and at this conference, I am getting the opportunity to speak to future Registered Dietitians, RD2Be's. Speaking is something that scares me and it never gets easier, I just get better. I get better because the people I am with at each conference I go to, make me WANT to be better. The Registered Dietitians and RD2Be's I meet along the way get me fired up to be a part of something greater than me.  WAND here I come!

~AE



No comments:

Post a Comment