4.18.2018

Weekly Wisdom and My Wisconsin Adventure Top 5 Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.

Weekly Wisdom:  We rise by lifting up others.

When was the last time you did or said something to lift someone up, without expecting anything in return? Did you regret it?

When I started working in retail, part of my training was to greet and say hello to every person I encountered during my day at work. I had never done this before. I remember working in the hospital and walking down a long hallway with one other person coming toward me and neither one of us acknowledging each other. This happened all the time and now looking back, I am so mad at myself for not being the one who took the initiative to say hello. Why didn't I just do it? 

Now, I find myself greeting everyone I encounter all day, every day and everywhere. It has trickled into my everyday life:  at the gas station, at the hair salon, at the vet. I am throwing out hellos and smiles like I am getting paid $1000 for each one. I do not give one thought to wanting something in return. Some people do not respond back, some people look at me like I have lost my mind and some people give me all the feels with a smile of their own. 

I have never regretted smiling, saying hello or giving out a compliment to a complete stranger or someone I know.  Everyone is going through something and even though I have no idea what it is, I know am going to be a second of positivity in their life at that moment and lift them up.   

Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation. 

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast featuring Chef Stacey Wertzberger

Today’s conversation is with the woman who gets me excited to cook, try new things in the kitchen, makes me laugh, has 4 kids AND is very passionate about having a lot of color on her plate, my friend and chef, Stacey Wertzberger.

Stacey and I started working together almost 10 year ago and we have collaborated on many cooking and nutrition projects. Some of these have been at work and some of them have been outside of work as we have become friends. Stacey has a realistic and down-to-earth outlook on food and cooking, which applies to how she prepares food in all aspects of her life. Stacey has taught me a lot about food but especially has changed my feelings about cooking, that is doesn’t have to be complicated.  In our conversation today we talk food, cooking, kids and how she decided to try a new adventure: completing her first Half Ironman.


Connect with Stacey by reading her blog Embracing My Chaotic Life and following her on Instagram

Nosh Three. Week in Review.

WANDA from Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics

This was such a great and exciting and scary week for me!  I have known for quite a while that I would be heading to the Wisconsin Dells to speak to future registered dietitians for the Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for quite a while, but it doesn't bring the excited/nervous jitters down.  I was so honored and grateful to be chosen to speak for their first student focused presentation.  After a crazy beginning of my flight being delayed and rescheduling, I got to the Wisconsin Dells and was greeted by WANDA. She is fancy!

Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting:  Passion Into Action

Their theme this year was Passion Into Action, which was right up my alley.  They had a great speakers lined up in their amazing 3 day annual meeting, including my friends Jen Haugen, who was providing a pre-conference gardening workshop and Chere Bork who was the motivating closing presentation. I unfortunately did not get to see either because of my flight, but I am sure they were nothing but amazing!

Start the day with a great breakfast!  Eggs, cheese, tomatoes, coffee.

I got to start the day with some delicious eats and was so happy to see yogurt and cheese on the buffet. I mean I was in Wisconsin, cheese is a food group. 

WAND:  I'm A Registered Dietitian...Now What?  Presentation to RD's to Be

Anne Elizabeth RD:  I'm A Registered Dietitian...Now What?

Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics General Session

Presenting at the Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting 2018

Presenting at the Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting 2018

I absolutely loved talking with around 65 RD's to Be about starting their career. There were so many things no one told me and to be able to share this passion and insight with them was wonderful. The best part was connecting with a few after the presentation and also on social media so I can continue to follow their journey. Again, I want to lift them up and help them be confident in moving forward with all the unknowns about starting in this awesome profession. 

Podcasting at the Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting

After presenting, I also got the opportunity to podcast with a few amazing WAND members to be revealed at a later date. This is also such a great part of the journey, listening to other people's stories and passions about being a Registered Dietitian. The two members I podcasted with, sincerely chose this profession and that gives me all the feels. 

Presenting at the Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting

This experience was priceless. The people I had the opportunity to meet and the passion I see in so many of my peers, is what being an RD is all about. I love our tribe! Thank you to the Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for an experience I will never forget. 

Nosh Four. Workout Playlist of the Week. 

I always like to do a playlist with all music either about the state or the location I am going, but there is not a lot of songs about Wisconsin. Who knew?  But there is this legendary music festival occurring every Summer, that I have had a longing to attend for as long as I can remember. I finally put a reminder in my phone to make sure I get online to see when ticket sales open next year for Summerfest in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This years line up is AMAZING, so I decided to create my playlist from the artists I would have like to see (there are a ton but these are my top picks).  I will just close my eyes and pretend I am there this June/July. Find the playlist on Apple Music and Spotify

Inspired by Summerfest in Milwaukee Wisconsin Workout Playlist of the Week on Apple Music and Spotify

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

Handwritten Thank You's are priceless!

I know I have said this before, but there is nothing like a handwritten note. This little note I received after my presentation was something that lifted me up. It was also hand stamped and I could feel the love. Never underestimate the power of a handwritten note. Another opportunity to make someone feel special. 

~AE




No comments:

Post a Comment