4.04.2018

Weekly Wisdom and Hell Yeah for Spring Top 5 Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom. 

Weekly Wisdom:  All in favor of Spring say Hell Yeah!

Hell Yeah for Spring!

It is almost here people! (minus the crazy last minute week of snow spreading across the country)

What else in your life wants to make you say hell yeah?

I am saying hell yeah to a fresh start. I am reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up courtesy of my friend Stacey and her friend Katie and I couldn't be more excited to get the Spring cleaning party started and continue my quest of #lessstuffmorelife. 

I am also saying hell yeah to changing the way I look at my own health. You would think a Registered Dietitian has her shit together all the time, yeah not so much. I am a work in progress and I am realizing I need to tidy up my nutrition, my habits, my sleep and my physical activity and keep it organized. Very applicable with the same concepts from this book. The less I complicated things and accumulate information not following logical and scientific basics of taking care of this one body I have, the more healthy I feel. 

Cheers to Spring cleaning my home and my health!

Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation. 

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast featuring Registered Dietitian and Boss Babe Krista Ulatowski,

Today’s conversation is with Krista Ulatowski, a second-career Registered Dietitian who decided to follow her passion right out of her internship and start her own nutrition communications business.

Over the past few years, Krista and I have crossed paths in a variety of ways which were unconventional in nature as Registered Dietitians. I was always curious about what she did as a RD. Dietetics is a second career for Krista, and she has beautifully combined her first career in public relations and advertising by creating her own nutrition communications business. She not only serves companies and brand but specializes in working with fellow Registered Dietitians looking to strategize their own personal and business goals.   


Connect with Krista and learn more about her business:  Kucumbers Nutrition Communications and follow her on Instagram

Nosh Three. Week in Review. 

Food Evolution Review by Anne Elizabeth featured in Food and Nutrition Magazine

I was honored Food & Nutrition Magazine invited me with two other Stone Soup bloggers to join a screening of the film Food Evolution(Black Valley Films with Boomdozer, Inc., 2016) and share our feedback. Here’s how I described the documentary, directed by Scott Hamilton Kennedy:

Food Evolution is a documentary portraying and discussing both sides of GMO controversy between science and human fear. It represents individuals with personal experiences and passions against the safety of GMOs in our food systems and experts in science and medicine who share their own passion for the safety of GMOs in our food systems.”
—Anne Elizabeth Cundiff, RD, LD, FAND

Indoor Tulips is a great idea!

I friggin loved this past week. It was one of the most "normal" weeks I have had in a long time.  I had the schedule I normally like to follow happen, so everything just flowed. I went to bed at the same time, woke up at the same time, went to the gym, ate well and it was just awesome!  It also allowed for some social time with my tribe this weekend, which does not happen consistent enough. I headed over to my friends Kevin and Ryan's and was greeted by these beautiful tulips. I can't believe I have never thought about doing this for my own home. This is will be happening in my home for sure!

NCAA March Madness Final Four Game:  Go Blue!

Kevin is from Michigan and we gathered to watch the Final Four at his house. I have taken a sabbatical from basketball for a couple of years and it was fun to get back into watching it. We got a little festive with some blue and maize cocktails (I learned the official color is NOT yellow). I really have no idea what all happened during the game, but they did win....and well we all know now how the finals turned out. 

This is what happens during a great basketball game.

I did have to laugh because this was the Snap Chat we all received from Kevin the next day, if that tells you anything. 

Roast Beef with Vegetables made in the Chicken Baker from Emile Henry

After a great night of sleep, I headed to my Mom's home for a little Easter celebration with her and Gramma. She made the most amazing meal of Roast Beef, potatoes, carrots, homemade bread and of course gravy all in the Chicken Baker from Emile Henry I reviewed a few years back for Food and Nutrition Magazine. We had a special component to the meal in honor of my sister Kate and toasted her with the Kate wine from Trainwreck Winery in Algona, Iowa. 

Soy and Honey Brussels Sprouts Recipe Chef Stacey Wertzberger

I was in charge of making the side dish for Easter and decided I would make Chef Stacey's Brussels sprouts recipe. It is so good, I have to share it with you. 

Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
with honey sesame glaze
1 T. Olive Oil 
1 T. Light Soy Sauce
1 lb. Brussels sprouts- trimmed and quartered
 ½ T. Sesame Oil
 1 T. Rice Vinegar
 1 T. Honey

Mix together the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar all in a bowl and set aside. 
Sauté the Brussels sprouts in olive oil for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until starting to get tender and the edges begin to slightly brown.  Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for another 1-2 minutes.  Serve immediately.

Nosh Four. Workout Playlist of the Week. 

It is time for the color brown to go away and bring on everything green, which is what inspired this weeks playlist. I appreciate the green color so much when I am driving home this time of year and everything is brown. Gross. Head on over to Apple Music or Spotify to "Go Green" with me!

Go Green Workout Playlist of the Week on Apple Music and Spotify

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

Last week a friend gave me this beautiful red journal because the color reminded him of me. So damn sweet!  I love to write but it tends to be my thoughts and all the things I want to do. When I was home this past weekend, Gramma was telling me a story about her favorite Easter memory as a little girl. In great detail from the weather to the location, she shared with me an Easter egg hunt she remembers with her brothers who were close to 20 years older than her. She recalled making the nests for the eggs from twigs and brush and also one of her brothers informing her one of the eggs was not cooked and would make a mess on her pretty Easter dress.  My Gramma has the most amazing memory and mine is awful. In this journal, I am going to write down those details about my life I struggle with remembering. It's those small details which take you back to an exact moment. I spend so much time writing about everything in the future, I am going to take time to remember special moments from the present. 

What I Love Right Now:  A gift to take time each day to write down the details

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment