3.28.2018

Weekly Wisdom and Birthday March Madness Top 5 Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom. 

#WeeklyWisdom: "Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle...~Fred Rogers

Were you a Mister Rogers fan?  

I cannot say I was a fan when I was a child but I did watch him in anticipation for Sesame Street that came on right after him. This past week, in honor of his birthday, which would have been March 20th, I watched a documentary on Mister Rogers and it has changed my fangirl status. There were great messages and quotes in this documentary, with one really speaking to me. 

I speak often of telling people in your life how much they mean to you, hugging them tight and telling them that you love them. And, I, yes me, struggle with being able to say the words at times. I have felt in the past, the words "I love you" occasionally have had complete emptiness behind them, coming from my own mouth and from others.  I feel strongly about not saying those words unless there is true meaning behind them. Just like Fred says above, love isn't a state of perfect caring...to love someone is to strive to accept the person exactly the way they are. Accepting people exactly as they are is what gives those words meaning. There is no "I love you...but."  

Catch yourself when those words cross your lips, are you accepting and loving the person you are saying this to...just the way he or she is, right here and right now?

Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation. 

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast


Each week, I put out my Weekly Wisdom Blog which includes my Top 5 Nutrition Noshes: Wisdom, Weekly Conversations, Week in Review, Workout Playlist of the Week and What I Love Right Now. At the end of each month, I want to get more up close and personal with you all on the other side of the airwaves. I will be recapping my crazy, delicious and random as hell adventures as well as having a conversation with you all on this side of the mic. It’s my Top 5 in 5. I hope you enjoy my banters from hopefully the end of snow and the month of March.
Connect and let me know what you think by emailing me or connecting with me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter

Nosh Three. Week in Review. 

March is a great month for humankind because some pretty amazing people were born during this month. As I reflect on this past week, it is all about these people who were born into this world who I am so grateful to have in my life. 

Happy Birthday to my sister Kate

Today is my sister Kate's birthday. March 28th is THE. BEST. DAY. EVER. because this beauty was born. Everything about me can be filed under "Kate and Anne."  Less than a year apart in age and about a month apart in birthdays. I always thought it was so cool were were the same age for a month. I loved how we got to blow each others candles out on our birthday cakes. On occasion, my birthday would kick off Lent with Ash Wednesday and Kate's would fall on Good Friday or even Easter. Today, I will be celebrating with my sissy, no matter how far aways she is and I promise it will be something with peanut butter. 

Happy Birthday to my Poppo

March 25th is my Poppo's birthday. Kate and Poppo often celebrated their birthday together. We would have dinner at my parents house that usually concluded with an Angel Food Cake with Peanut Butter frosting (maybe there is something about March birthdays and PB?). He lived one house away from us and I am grateful for all the birthdays we celebrated with him.

Happy Birthday to my Godson Charlie

March 27th is this little stinkers birthday, my godson, Charlie. Charlie turned 5 this year and it is crazy how fast time has gone since he was born. A video of him when he was 2 popped up in my Facebook feed yesterday of him singing Happy Birthday in his baby Charlie voice. I look forward to watching him grow over many more years to come. 

Happy Birthday to Kevin and Ryan

March 20th celebrates Kevin and March 29th celebrates Ryan, 2 of my sweet, sweet friends. I am very excited for Ryan, who is joining the 40s Club this year!  Birthday celebrations with the tribe is just about spending time together and laughing over cocktails. They are celebrating Ryan's passage into his 40s by a trip to Africa this fall. 

Nosh Four. Workout Playlist of the Week. 

Birthday's need a celebratory music playlist!  I will be working on my fitness and thinking of these peeps at this gym this week. Find the playlist on Apple Music and Spotify. 

Birthday Workout Playlist of the Week on Itunes and Spotify

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

While I was at my goddaughter Finley's birthday (who kicked off birthday March Madness), we were talking about Twin Bing. My friend Jenny told me she makes a dessert that taste similar to a this cherry chocolate candy made in Iowa. I am excited she shared the recipe and I hope to make it soon, which I will share with you, but it the meantime, I haven't been able to get it off my mind. This was a special treat in my family. Created in 1923 and made in Sioux City, Iowa, this cherry nougat covered in a hash of roasted peanuts and chocolate is still made by hand. And no, the Cherry Mash is not the same!  I celebrate my sister and my grandpa with a Twin Bing at the beginning of this week and will end the week with peanut butter. Kate and Poppo would be proud. 

Twin Bing Candy

~AE









No comments:

Post a Comment