5.03.2017

Top 5 Nutrition Noshes and Wisdom Wednesday May 3rd, 2017

Nosh One. Wisdom.


I am Type A. I notice everything. Every little detail. Sometimes people forget that about me. Sometimes I pretend to forget about certain details. But I really don't forget. The details, even the littlest ones, is where the most valuable information is. It is like reading the directions to assemble something and quickly skimming over #4 and #5. It does not have a positive outcome. Everything you do, everyone you share your life with, including the person you pass by in the grocery store, deserves the details. Don't half ass things, don't pretend. Don't half ass your words, your work, your food, your kindness, your smile, your hugs, your kisses, your truths, your omissions, your physical activity, your devotion or your appreciation for all you have. The details could all be gone tomorrow. 


Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation.


My conversation today is with Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Jennifer DeWall

Jen is enthusiastic and open to anything when it comes to being a registered dietitian. In her career, she has placed herself in new positions and welcomed the challenge to create and define those positions. Jen grew up in a home where health and wellness was extremely important. She had an aunt who was a registered dietitian in private practice who in a roundabout way, maybe lead her to her own private practice today. In our conversation we talk about her love for preventative health, sports and athletes, working as a dietary aide, experience with policy, her advice when having your own practice and a new adventure she is a part of called Nourish Mobile Grocery.

Nosh Three. Weekly Nutrition Review.


Well this week was kind of a wash. I was exhausted and totally unmotivated. Anyone else ever feel that way?  I couldn't get enough sleep, therefore I could not wake up in the morning to get myself to work on my fitness. I also could not wait to get home to repeat. I finally got some energy and headed home to see my family to celebrate a special birthday that started off with a delicious treat from New Glaris Brewing Co.  Two Women is one of my favorite "import" beers. 


My family and I took a little road trip to Council Bluffs, Iowa and headed to a long-time favorite restaurant, Pizza King. We used to stop here on special occasions or after a long day of shopping in the city and our parents really did not want to cook dinner. 

Birthday Boy Denis and his wife Christine

We celebrated Denis's birthday!  Woo hoo!  I will not reveal how many candles were on his pie (cake was yet to be made), but my Mom and I had a great time celebrating with some of our favorite foods from this favorite dining establishment. 


Everyone was choosing some delicious dishes and I couldn't take it. I did order a salad with the rest of the clan that included blue cheese dressing AND blue cheese crumbles. I wanted pizza!  Hello?!?!? We are at the Pizza King!  Of course I ordered a large sausage pizza for leftovers (that I strategically left at Mom's so I didn't keep the party going all week long.)


This pizza is very delicious. Everything is made from scratch, the crust, the sauce and the sausage. The best part is they use whole milk mozzarella. There is something very dreamy and creamy about whole milk cheese. If you have never experienced it before or the Pizza King, I highly recommend. There truly is something for every palate. Which leads me into my much needed next nosh....

Nosh Four. Workout Playlist of the Week.

Pizza is leading me to this fun playlist of the week. I am shooting for 5 days of some great sweat sessions. What are your physical activity goals for this week?  What are your favorite songs you are listening to right now?  Share them with me, I love new music!


Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now.


There is the best network of Registered Dietitians out in this world. We are building a community of professionals who support each other and toot each other's horns, which I absolutely love. This is why I am giving some love to Frankie Maderia, RD and follow here on Instagram and Facebook. We met through social media and sharing our stories of passion and purpose (hmmm rings a bell!). She is sharing the love for these Registered Dietitians on her blog A Day in the Life:   Andy De Santis, Kirsten-The Run Lift RD, Becky - The WanabfoodieZeina Khawam and Tracie Blair. Reading all of their stories as well as Frankie's is why I thrive in this network of support. We all need to be supporting each other, we are on the same team!  Frankie has embraced this and wants to share it with as many people as possible. I am very thankful to be part of her series and I am looking forward to Part 2 on her blog. Make sure to check it out and get inspired as well. This network is there for you with open arms!  

~AE



No comments:

Post a Comment