8.04.2013

A Mojito Kind Of Morning

Each year I grow this enormous pot of mint to celebrate the flavors of summer and one of my favorite drinks, the mojito. This drink can be done in so many different ways that can be kid friendly too. 


Since I always have so much of it, I try to incorporate it into as many things as possible. It is great in plain water, on salads and even grilled with veggies and freshly squeezed lemon juice.

I just had to share this great recipe because why not start the day off with one of my favorite drinks!  A day could not go wrong with this tasty treat.

If you're ever in my neighborhood, I would love to share so you can make your own morning deliciousness. 


Morning Mojito
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/RE00078

Dietitian's tip:
The traditional mojito is created with a sweet syrup flavored with fresh lime juice and crushed fresh mint. This citrusy nonalcoholic version also includes orange and grapefruit juices.

Serves 6

Ingredients

1/2 cup dark honey
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
2 cups fresh grapefruit juice, chilled
2 cups fresh orange juice, chilled
2 teaspoons grated lime zest
1 lime, cut into 6 slices

Directions

In a small saucepan, combine the honey and lime juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the mint leaves and remove from the heat. Steep the honey mixture for 5 minutes, then pass the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve placed over a bowl, pressing down lightly on the leaves with the back of a wooden spoon. Refrigerate the syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment