1.25.2012

One of My Favorite Things.....

This recent holiday, I received an amazing gift, a blast from my past: an air popper. 

I grew up with this healthy gadget. Saturday nights filled with getting to stay up late (11p.m.), movie time, and air-popped popcorn. Awesome!

So this year, my parents remembered my recollection of this fond memory and purchased one for me to create this same memory in my own home.

Here are some of my favorite mix-ups for this warm fiber-filled, whole grain treat.

Pow Popcorn

Place 4 cups of popcorn into resealable bag, lightly spray with butter flavor cooking spray (about 2 passes). Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Shake bag to distribute seasoning. Enjoy!

Sweet and Salty

Place 4 cups of popcorn into resealable bag, lightly spray with butter flavor cooking spray (about 2 passes). Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground sea salt and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Shake bag to distribute seasoning. Enjoy!

Tasty Ciao!

Place 4 cups of popcorn into resealable bag, lightly spray with olive oil flavor cooking spray (about 2 passes). Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons italuan herb blend and 4 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Shake bag to distribute seasoning. Enjoy!

Happy popping!


No comments:

Post a Comment