9.27.2009

So the first day of fall came and went. Not sure how time gets away from me. I am sitting at home waiting for my brunch guests to arrive and blogging from my blackberry. I made this easy breakfast casserole that is healthy and cozy for a fall Sunday brunch. I hope you find this dish a wonderful addition to a relaxing fall weekend.

1 pound turkey italian sausage crumbled, cooked and rinsed with warm water (to reduce the fat and yes even with turkey)
4 whole eggs and 8 egg whites
3 cups of skim milk
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 green pepper, diced
1 bunch of green onions, diced
8 roma or plum tomatoes, sliced thin
1 8 oz bag of 2% milk colby jack cheese
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
6 cups of crust whole wheat or sourdough bread

Beat eggs with milk and seasonings
Layer other ingredients like lasagna in a 9 x 13 pam sprayed pan.
Pour egg mixture over casserole and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Can be made the night before and baked in the morning.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment