6.10.2024

"Less Regrets" Weekly Wisdom

An inspirational quote in black letters on a white background surrounded by tiny red and pink hearts.\

What is one of your biggest regrets?

You are going to laugh, but when I was a teen, rugby shirts were the coolest. I remember wanting this specific one so bad.  The jewel toned blue, red and green blocked stripes, a white collar that could be popped appropriately with 3 white buttons perfectly placed and to top it all off, Coca Cola was written across the front. I distinctly remember laying in bed every night that following week feeling deep regret for not purchasing this beautiful piece of fashion. 

And then I aged a few minutes and the feeling of regret passed. 

I am sharing this story all in good fun to remind you to not live a life of regrets. There will be little (rugby shirt little), medium and big sized regrets. It is what you learn from them that helps you to have less of them. Regrets do not feel good and the bigger they are, the worse they feel and linger in your life. I have regrets lingering in my life. Some of them make me cry so hard I give myself a headache. I wish so badly I could change all the series of events leading to those regrets but I cannot. Did I learn from them?  Absolutely yes. Will I do better, hell yes. 

To regret less, I keep this little quote above at the forefront of my mind to do what I need to do to make the right choices for me. To take the leap, to say I love you, to hug someone, to speak more kindly, to take the trip, to smell the flowers, to make the call, to buy the weird shirt that will go out of style but will make me happy. 

Less regrets, more baguettes. 

#realization | #EmbraceTheHellYeah

~AE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment