8.02.2023

"Be the Garnish" Weekly Wisdom

Inspirational quote in black letters on a white background surrounded by tiny red polka dots.

Do you like to add a little color to this world?

I remember when I was a little Anne, dining out with your family was a big deal. It was a privilege to have a meal in a restaurant with my family and we had to be on our best behavior. I also remember, for many of those meals, my plate arrived with a sprig of "green stuff" on it and I was not having it. I am sure my "ew" face was very displeasing to my family and completely not appropriate. My sister and I were never big fans of parsley. 

Until I understood why there was parsley on my plate, which has only been within the last year. There are many reasons why parsley ends up on the plate and these three subtle reasons are my favorites. 

1. Parsley was intended to be a meal finisher as a breath freshener or a digestive aid. 
2. It was a sign from the chef to the waitstaff that the plate was ready to be served. 
3. To add color to plates of food. 

How do these all tie together and how can we be the parsley?  

Our whole world always needs a little more color and I can add it to the day I lead or to those I encounter during the day. It can be smile, a hello and nice gesture like opening a door - adding the parsley for color.  

Going the extra mile with what you are working on to make sure it is complete and something you are proud of - adding the parsley as a finisher for being proud of your masterpiece and ready for the world to use or enjoy. 

These are merely a couple examples,  how will you be parsley when people need it?

#quality | #embracethehellyeah

~AE






 

No comments:

Post a Comment