9.29.2021

"As A Reference" Weekly Wisdom

"As A Reference" Weekly Wisdom in black letters on a grey background with polka dots.

Does your mind often wander to the past?

I will be the first to say, I have one of the worst memories of anyone I know. My sister could remember small details of almost all things in the past. I only have glimpses of my past experiences. Even the most significant times in my life, I only can recall bits and pieces. Sometimes it makes me sad that I don't remember and sometimes I am grateful, especially if the memory wasn't the most kind. 

The past is place we can never change but I feel many of us have moments we wish could go back and do some re-arranging. What if?  What if we did something differently?  How would it have changed our course?  We will never know and we cannot keep going back there, daydreaming of what could have been. 

The past is a place of reference. It is a place for us to visit on occasion to do things a different way or make a different decision based on what we had learned from events happening before. It is a place to learn from and grow from - to encourage us to live our best life right now in the present. It is okay to go there every once in a while but to keep moving forward, please don't stick around too long. You don't live there anymore. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment