6.23.2021

"Sharing the Food Love" Weekly Wisdom

 

Inspirational Quote about food in black letter on a grey polka dot background

When you are eating something you love, do you share?

Growing up, my sister and I did a lot together and we shared almost everything. I can't say I always loved it but I do remember it bringing me more joy than not. One thing in particular was us girls sharing hard boiled eggs. I loved the yolk and she loved the whites. It was perfect, especially around Easter. 

I miss sharing food with my sissy. And I have my moments of wanting to share my food and not. If I go into a situation with intention of sharing my food, I am good. If I have my mind set on "MY FOOD" then I am probably not sharing. It is very rare, but you know that feeling when you have your heart set on something...

I do believe sharing food is one of the most generous and personal things you can do with other humans. I love cooking and hosting meals with others, scheduling a time to reconnect with an old friend at one of our favorite places or enjoying a family favorite meal with my Mom. It's a BFD. 

Many of my favorite memories are when I share food with people and I look forward to creating more of them. And as I get older and wiser, I much rather share my food than keep all the goodness to myself. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE





No comments:

Post a Comment