5.19.2021

"Survive and Thrive" Weekly Wisdom

Inspirational quote in black letters on grey background with white polka dots.

 How do you survive and thrive during difficult times?

This weekend I spent some time with family. I watched and listened more attentively to them, more than I have in the past. Most of our conversations were easy breezy but in every conversation, someone always reveals a little something more about themselves. I tuned in a little closer this time. I enjoyed my time with them, we laughed a lot, got caught up but also there were glimpses of what is really going on with them. There were words said here and there where I could see there are some hard things going on. Some things were chipping away a little bit at their hearts and their souls. 

Things making them sad, but also making them strong. 

All of us have a little sadness in our hearts. Why are we are brought to these kind of challenges, heartaches and things we just don't understand?  I can only believe everything happens for a reason. Even when times are hard or people are shitty or sadness just takes over.  Everything happens for a reason.  People get stronger or they get weaker. I could see it in my people this weekend, the hard times have made them stronger, more resilient. But they don't stop feeling the little tinges of heartache. Those tinges remind them of thriving from all the madness, being strong and moving along in their life. They are not standing still and not letting it break them. 

You will never be able to avoid the madness, it's all about how you thrive from the sadness. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment