5.05.2021

"Shake It Up" Weekly Wisdom

Inspirational quote in black letters on a grey background with white polka dots

 Do you remember your first major breakup?

I remember mine. And I was the one who broke it off. It was my first major relationship and looking back, the boy was super sweet but I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I was going into my senior year of high school and wanted to live my best life. I know I was a little selfish and I know it hurt him deeply. It was really hard to make the decision and it hurt me too but in a different way. Thankfully, we were able to reconnect later in life and be friends. It was my first lesson in life that breakups are ok. There are more than those kind of breakups. I think we go through a lot of different breakups in our life...as we should. 

If you're not experiencing a variety of break ups in your life, you really can't grow.  We know it but yet we try really hard to avoid them even though deep down we truly know they need to happen. We need to break up with bad habits. We need to break up with our addictions to our phones. We need to break up with bad jobs. We need to break up with poor spending habits. We need to break up with toxic people in our lives (friends, co-workers, family members). We need to break up with complaining. We need to break up with squatting down in that weird position in photos (am I right or am I right?). We need to break up with people we are paying who aren't doing their job. We need to break up with being hard on ourselves. We need to break up with explaining ourselves to anyone. 

Breaking up with how we think things should be is worth the shake up. There is a lot of noise out there telling us we should do this or that and it influences us more than we know. It might be your friends, your family or the salesperson disguised as someone who cares about you - only because they want your money. Don't fall into the trap of letting someone else make your decisions or control your life. Break ups are hard AF but only better things come after the difficult time. You never will know how good it can be by staying in something taking away your goodness. 

Don't stay stagnant, it's time to shake it up. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment