3.24.2021

"Cooking as An Adult" Weekly Wisdom

Quote about easy bake ovens and air fryers in black letters on a grey background with white polka dots

Did you have an Easy Bake Oven as a kid? 

I am pretty sure I have discussed my longing for an Easy Bake Oven (EBO for short) on the blog before. But just to recap, I am pretty sure it was on my list of "wants" for many years of my childhood. I totally understand NOW why Santa never got me one, I mean we had a real oven and that pretty much did the same thing right? My parents even fashioned their own version of Easy Bake Oven cakes for me by cutting an aluminum coffee can to make the cake pan, baked homemade cakes and frosted them for me and put them into this tiny Tupperware brand tiny cake dome and cake cutter. Looking back, why would I ever really want one?

Fast forward to adult life and I am totally right back into EBO mode with an air fryer obsession. The air fryer is truly the adult version of the EBO. As I have been doing research and scrolling through list of which one is the best, my friend has been teasing me and saying "is your oven broke?"  "You could just cook that veggie in your, oh I don't know...oven?" I know all of this, but in my mind the air fryer is going to make it more delicious and amazing, just like I thought my EBO would. 

I did end up buying one, I have been using it all the time. There is something about the instant heat, the quick cooking and the way it makes my vegetables and proteins, is right up my alley. When it comes to cooking, I think it is important to find what makes you comfortable and want to cook. Instead of avoiding it, like I was starting to do more and more. 

Now the air fryer will not be the end-all-be-all for me when it comes to cooking. I know I will use my oven for other things especially tiny cute chocolate cakes and big cheesy pizzas. The only thing I wish is that my oven or my air fryer came in a snazzy pink color. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment