7.29.2020

"Do Things Your Way" Weekly Wisdom


"We have always done it that way" doesn't mean you have to do it that way quote in black letters.

When was the last time you changed something in your routine?

The last time was when I changed my laundry detergent. I have always gotten the same laundry detergent my parents got, because they are older and wiser and that's what a daughter does. Until the daughter doesn't anymore and navigates her own way and wants to try something different. I am a creature of habit and have taken all the nuggets of wisdom from my parents and applied them to my own life. Makes sense right?  They have lived longer than me and know more than I do.  But what if I did something different or tried to do something my own way?  Would they be mad?  Will it fail?  Will I fail?

Just because things are always done a certain way, doesn't mean you can't question it and try out something new. It can be scary, the unknown always is but it can be exciting. I think 2020 has proved to us all that things don't always have to be done the same way and it is scary and it is exciting. We are not doing anything the same way, socializing, shopping, vacationing - everything is different. So why not look at everything going on in your life?

Changing things up is good!  I know I am a creature of habit and have found making little tweaks in my routine has resulted in improvements. I am saving time, saving money and eliminating excess steps or things I don't really need. I am realizing just because I have always done things a certain way doesn't mean it has to stay this way - and it applies to all areas in my life. My home, my work, my relationships have all benefitted by mixing things up. There have been some failures of course, but I can go back to what worked before. No big deal!  I wouldn't have known unless I tried. 

By all means, stick to things that are working for you but don't be afraid to try it a different way. It is what makes your life yours and yourself uniquely you. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE

No comments:

Post a Comment