6.24.2020

"Social Media Mania" Weekly Wisdom


Social Media Mania Weekly Wisdom Quote on white background with grey polka

Who else out there falls into the social media black hole?

It truly is a black whole. You click on one video, 2 hours and 16 videos later, poof! That time is forever gone. This is exactly why I spend very little time on You Tube. Not because I don't like it but because I correlate it to a shopping trip to Target. You go in to watch one thing and leave 2 hours later having watched 50 things. 

I grew up when there was no social media (thank goodness). I didn't have a computer or a phone when I was in high school and most of college. Think of all the time I had then! I was wealthy with time. Within the last few years, I found myself getting stuck in social media mania, playing the comparison game, having anxiety if I did have the perfect post go out, and feeling I always needed to be doing more. 

I have stopped all of this nonsense. 

Social media has so many wonderful qualities, I have met some of the most wonderful people and look forward to meeting more. I have gained knowledge about many thing that interest me. I have had the ability to share my conversation with amazing humans across the world. But social media also has that sneaky dark side which has been very troubling to me lately. I can tell it is affecting my mood and my sleep - which is not good. Just like everything else in life, I have had to set up boundaries with social media and it gave me so much life back!  With time being our biggest currency, going down the social media rabbit hole really does not have a place. 

I ask you to be careful with yourself on how you use social media in your life. To think it did not exist not that long ago and what was once trending on platforms to use does not exist anymore. What will happen in the future? It's all going to change...so be ready. If you're putting a lot of your time into social media, really calculate your return on investment. You may be missing out on things bringing true value and meaning to your life. 

#embracethehellyeah

~AE



No comments:

Post a Comment