11.21.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 #Thankful Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.

Inspirational Quote

During the holidays are you more thankful?

I am a recovering "thankful during the holidays" addict. I used to be the person who would be more kind, thoughtful and generous from Thanksgiving until New Years. I admit, I didn't really think about feelings of or showing gratitude during the rest of the year until about 4 years ago when everything went to hell in a hand basket in my life and I had a big fat reality check. Gratitude should be practiced ALL YEAR LONG in EVERYTHING WE DO. From the minute we open our eyes to when we close our eyes, there is so much to be thankful for.  Remember what you are grateful for when someone cuts in front of you at the check out line on Black Friday or when a family member is on your last nerve because of too much together time. 

Grateful is a positive feeling of gratitude and thankful is act or gesture of gratitude

Be grateful in your heart and mind, be thankful with your words.  Everyone likes to hear kind words, not just your family and friends. Thank the cashier at the gas station, thank the person who gets your popcorn at the movie theater. Write a review for a local business who gives great customer service. This year, I am very thankful for the ability to work, to make money and to be able to buy elastic waistband pants. Thank you Karen at F&F for checking me out yesterday so I could buy my pants and thank you to my crazy family for taking potato casserole and ham seriously at Thanksgiving. 

Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation. 

Popular Podcasts

I feel every great conversation is had over a meal or a cocktail (or mocktail if you choose). These conversations take on their own life and travel into unique directions, which is what truly matters. Periodically, I will putting on my party pants, pouring myself something refreshing to drink and inviting a guest to just see where the words take us. In this episode of Cocktails and Conversations, I invited back one of my favorite guests, Carrie Moody. You may remember this beauty from Episode 72. This fun loving, meal prepping, dancing queen and I chat about “all the things and all the feels” as the holidays approach.


Nosh Three. Weekly #Hellyeah. 

Hello holdiay time of year again and you better not be losing your mind with preparing like mad for the big dinner or frantically worrying about getting all the things shopped for on Black Friday. What I do hope is you just take a few moments for deep breaths and gratitude. I am always very thankful for much in my life and I try to make it known outside of the holiday time, this year is no different. Besides my family and friends, I am very thankful for all my podcast guest and listeners since I launched Conversations with Anne Elizabeth just over 2 years ago. I hit a milestone with 100 episodes a week ago and I am excited to keep it going and being the worlds #1 Dietitian Cheerleader!  Thank you to everyone who listens and even more, thank you to all health professionals out there, trying to do their best to serve our communities.

Popular podcast
100 Episodes of Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast 
I am looking forward to heading west, picking up Mom and going to see family in Omaha this Thanksgiving. This is the one time of year I get to see my aunties, uncle on my Dad's side as well as my almost-like-a-sister cousin Lindsey and her family, as well as other cousins and friends. We always have plenty of food but I do not like to come empty handed. In the past, I would be a little creative but I am going no-stress this year and bringing a pre-made French Silk Pie. Mostly because I really do not care for pumpkin pie and really want a piece of this and because I want to enjoy Thursday morning with sleeping in, a workout, and a latte. A little self-care if you will. I know this will set the tone for a much more relaxing day. Hey, don't be scared to be the one who shows up with something pre-made from the grocery store. Carrie and I talk about this too in the podcast this week.

French Silk Pie for Thanksgiving Dinner
Thank you to the Fleur Hy-Vee for making Thanksgiving easier and happier!

Nosh Four. Weekly Kick Ass Jam. 

Free music playlist
This weeks #Thankful Playlist is on Apple Music and Spotify. Perfect for a workout or driving over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house.
Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

I thought this was pretty awesome. My financial advisor, Travis Gaule, hosted a floral design class for his clients. A service he wanted to provide to add value for his customers who purchase his services. A group of ladies and Travis had a lovely time with Emily of CamBam Floral Designs and creating our own floral masterpieces. Why this resonated with me and why I love this is because a business that goes over and beyond for their clients means the world to me. It is extra work he does not have to do that takes him away from his family in the evening BUT he cares and wants to show it. I love my flowers, they are very pretty but I love great customer service even more. I feel valued and appreciated which in turn makes me want to do the same for others. Thank you Travis for caring about your clients, I am very thankful for this.

Floral arrangement ideas and financial advisor near me


~AE

*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!


No comments:

Post a Comment