5.30.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 Vacation Time Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom.

Weekly Wisdom by Anne Elizabeth:  It's bad manners to keep a vacation waiting.

Do you schedule regular vacations for yourself?

I know, you're probably thinking who the hell has time and money for vacations? You do!  What are you waiting for?  Seriously. There is no time like the present to do all the things you want to do. It doesn't have to be a grand or costly vacation, but I am sure you have some type of bucket list of things you want to experience. 

I was talking with my friend Stacey this past week and she told me how she was working on her kids summer schedule. She asked her kiddos what they wanted to do this summer and one of their "musts" was a night with Mom's friends, Laura and Anne. Wow. First I was completely shocked by it but what a great lesson. Taking time to do things you love can be simple and full of so much joy. All you have to do is take the time to make it happen. 

Look at the rest of the year and make a list of things you want to do for yourself. I am so lucky to add "an evening with the Wertzberger kiddos" to my list. 

Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation. 

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast Top 5 in 5 for May 2018


Each week, I put out my Weekly Wisdom Blog which includes my Top 5 Nutrition Noshes: Wisdom, Weekly Conversations, Week in Review, Workout Playlist of the Week and What I Love Right Now. At the end of each month, I want to get more up close and personal with you all on the other side of the airwaves. I will be recapping my crazy, delicious and random as hell adventures as well as having a conversation with you all on this side of the mic. It’s my Top 5 in 5. May has kicked off summer with each weekend planned full of fun with friends, family and food!
Connect and let me know what you think by emailing me or connecting with me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter


Nosh Three. Week in Review. 

Oh buddy, this weekend was kind of a blur that I am still trying to catch up on sleep and laundry. I hope to have more details to share about my weekend when I am all caught up but in the meantime, I have to share with you my Memorial Day signature dish. Memorial Day weekend really is the kickoff to summer and I love the BBQ's and get togethers. I participated in a Banza pasta challenge called #BanzaPlusPlants. Have you heard of Banza pasta?  Banza is pasta 2.0. Ditch the empty carbs in wheat noodles, and treat yourself to double the protein, four times the fiber, and nearly half the net carbs because it is made with chickpeas. And the best part is the taste!  I honestly like it much better than a whole wheat pasta and it cooks more al dente than whole wheat pasta. The protein is the other impressive benefit, there is 25 grams of protein in a 3.5 ounce serving and when you add other plant based proteins, you have a protein-packed meal. 

I am excited to share with you the real deal, really delicious dish I whipped up all weekend for my holiday festivities. It's a goodie!

Just in Time for Summer Salad Recipe featuring Banza Pasta

Just in Time for Summer Salad Recipe featuring Banza Pasta 
Serves 8

Ingredients:
1-teaspoon ground cumin
½-cup Greek salad dressing, vinegar and oil based (I like Wishbone)
1-1/2 cup cooked shelled edamame
1-1/2 cup frozen roasted corn
1/2 cup red onions, finely diced
1/2 cup diced bell peppers, finely diced
1 (15 oz) can drained & rinsed black beans
1 package of Banza pasta (shells), prepared as directed

Directions:
  1.  In a medium bowl, mix salad dressing and cumin together.

  2.  Cook pasta as directed, rinse and cool.
  3.  Place pasta, edamame, roasted corn, bells pepper, black beans, onion in a large bowl. Pour dressing mixture over vegetables. Stir to mix. Cover refrigerate 1 to 4 hours or until chilled, stirring once or twice.

Memorial Day 2018 Flags, Crosses and Poppies

I also had to share this photo my Mom sent me. She is a member of the local Legion Auxiliary group in Panama, Iowa and each year they have a nice service every Memorial Day which includes poppies and flags in memory of each veteran in our community. She always does such an amazing job and I'm so proud to know her. 

Nosh Four. Workout Playlist of the Week. 

Every vacation needs a playlist and I always make sure I have mine ready to go, so I'm ready to get a workout in during my time away. Find this weeks Vacation Workout Playlist of the Week on Apple Music and Spotify

Vacation Workout Playlist of the Week on Apple Music and Spotify

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

Lilacs and Rosé by Martini & Rossi

Along with my Banza pasta, I am loving this beverage to take to my summer parties. I know rosé is very trendy and I decided to take a leap because I loved the adorable pink 4-packs by Martini & Rossi. Mom and I had some for Mother's Day and I think I may have purchased a few more along the way. It is very refreshing, light and excellent cocktail for the summer and a perfect hostess gift with a bouquet of summer flowers. It was a great week to kick off summer!

~AE

*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment