5.23.2018

#WeeklyWisdom and Top 5 Perfect Chaos Nutrition Noshes

Nosh One. Wisdom. 

Weekly Wisdom by Anne Elizabeth:  This is our perfect chaos.

Do you embrace the perfect chaos of your life?

I am in the process of embracing my own perfect chaos. Perfect chaos happens on the daily in my life but I do not think I do a good job of embracing it. This past weekend I spent time with 2 of my favorite people and their families and watched these badass babes handle perfect chaos like pros. Both of them have husbands and 2 busy children and each of them were so calm, cool and collective with the madness happening around them. I want to be more like Carlena and Lindsey. 

The shift happens when the chaos is thought of as perfect. The word chaos seems harsh and very unsettled but something happens when perfect proceeds it. It becomes more calm, more manageable and much more realistic of our daily lives. It goes from something I want to eliminate, to something I want to embrace. Life would not be as interesting if there wasn't perfect chaos. 


Nosh Two. Weekly Conversation. 

Conversations with Anne Elizabeth Podcast featuring Registered Dietitian Amy Giffin

Today’s conversation is with Amy Giffin, a registered dietitian with a passion for gardening, food, cooking and cheese.

In April, I got the amazing opportunity to head to the Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and speak with a group of upcoming RD’s. This connection happened because Amy spoke at the Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics annual meeting a few years ago and she remembered me from that meeting. Amy was born and raised in Wisconsin with her father having a long career in the cheese business. She initially thought she wanted to be a food scientist but quickly fell in love with dietetics early in her college career. She has had a variety of jobs so far and always seems to come back to food service management as her specialty. Amy and I took a few moments during the busy WAND annual meeting that she planned and she is preparing to serve as president this upcoming year.


Connect with Amy on her website and blog Eat Right Cook Tonight and following her on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter

Nosh Three. Week in Review.

MOCU Health Kombucha

I truly do not have a great recollection of what happened last week. It was one of those weeks where there was sooo much going on, my head barely hit the pillow and I was out. There were some early days, presentations and lots of kids. One of my favorite work events this week was speaking with a group of General Mills employees and talking probiotics. One of my favorite topics of late because I personally have really felt the benefits of incorporating probiotics in my own life. I have found Kombucha is a convenient way to get daily probiotics and I get a dose in the morning before I eat anything. My theory is this will help my body absorb nutrients better throughout the day. I always come back to MOCU Health Kombucha, for the taste and the easy portability of the individual packets, as well as the low sugar content. 

Even little girls love to shop at Target.

After my blur of a week, I couldn't wait to get to my fun weekend ahead. I had scheduled a night with my friend Carlena and her family and a second night with my cousin Lindsey and her family. I talk about my friend Carlena and we needed a night to catch up on life with a quiet night on the veranda with her hubby, while her 2 boys played baseball in the backyard. The next morning, we had a lovely breakfast with fluffy eggs courtesy of Doug and then I was on my way to Justin, Lindsey, Ally and Lucy's house. The girls were just getting back from dance, we went for lunch and then made a Target run. Lucy is only two and gets sucked in to the fun aisles in Target just like me.

Date Night!

Part of the deal of me visiting this week, was to make sure Justin and Lindsey got the opportunity for a little alone time. They got dressed up and went out for dinner, it warranted a photo. This family embraces their perfect chaos so outstandingly well. They have a lot going on in their lives and need to make time for each other too. I will also be making more of a point to head their direction. We watched movies, played train outside on the swing set and sang songs before bed. 

Sweetest little helpers.

The next morning we had coffee and donuts with Lucy choosing a delicious cream-filled long john for me. Then the girls were so helpful and tied my shoes before we headed to the Farmers Market to pick up some peonies, enchiladas and watch the girls dance in the sprinkles of the morning. 

Dancing at Omaha Farmers Market:  Aksarben

It was a perfectly wonderful and chaotic weekend. 

Nosh Four. Workout Playlist of the Week. 

This weekend I watched 2 movies I had never seen before with the girlies, The Greatest Showman and Leap. We sang along and with each other during all of them and also had a dance party in the car. This weeks playlist is our sing along songs from the weekend. Find the playlist on Apple Music and Spotify

Sing Along Workout Playlist of the Week by Anne Elizabeth on Apple Music and Spotify

Nosh Five. What I Love Right Now. 

This is the best and thing I love right now. A friend of mine from work came to talk to me about her husbands high blood pressure. She asked if she could have some of my Dietitian Pick signs to use at home. Look at how smartly she put the signs to work in the kitchen of her own home. I loved how she sent me the photos of what she did. I thought it was pretty clever. 

Dietitian Choice

Not a Dietitian Choice

~AE

*All views and opinions on products, food and businesses in this blog post are my own and are not sponsored in any way. I just love to share great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment