12.07.2016

Wisdom Wednesday


How many times do you look back on a photo or a video?  These mementos are gifts we have of the past, memories of an event happening in our lives.  Whatever they make you feel, this feeling is your gift. They can make you smile, make you cry, make you laugh from your toes or may make you want to break something. Photos and videos are reminders of your life, what has happened so far and helps define who you are right now.  They encourage you to set goals to who you want to be and what future memories you want to make. 
How lucky to have gifts reminding you of the life you have lived so far.

Weekly Conversation


My conversation this week is with Beth Sloan, MS, RD, LDN

Beth Sloan is a registered dietitian I was thrilled to meet upon my adventure to New Orleans. She is a native of New Orleans and we had a great conversation about her journey so far. She has worked in clinical, outpatient diabetes, cardiac rehab, public health and currently a professor at Nicholls College  in Thibodaux, LA, where she is the Director of Dietetics and is an Assistant Professor of Dietetics specialized in teaching, evaluating, and advising future registered dietitians.

She is also the President of the Louisiana Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and is finishing up her Doctorate. She truly is a registered dietitian who gives back to our profession.

She showed me her favorite places, including pralines at Laura's Candies and we conversed over a Pimm's Cup cocktail at the Napoleon House. It was a complete joy spending time with this
inspirational woman!


Week in Review

This week has been pretty low key which is good, I embrace a little peace and quiet. I got my house cleaned and organized (which is pretty impressive to be done before the upcoming holiday). Made some dates with friends for cookie making and cocktail club, got a few books out in the mail and sent some cards and notes to my favorite people. It is the perfect time of year to buy a sweet gift or stocking stuffer for your favorite registered dietitian or future registered dietitian for the holiday and you can find it HERE!


I also dined at Gilroy's Kitchen, one of my favorite restaurants in the Des Moines area on the first snow fall of the year. Please be very jealous of this plate, and go get your own! I seriously struggle with what to order every time I go there because there is soooo many delish dishes. Then there is also the brunch menu and choosing between breakfast or lunch times, well that is a whole other struggle.


Workout Playlist of the Week

Good tunes and good vibes this week, jam out, pump some iron and make some muscle.



What I Love Right Now


The winter is harsh on my skin so I do everything I can to stay cozy and hydrated. This is my winter trio of products that I love. I always recommend moisturizing right after a bath or shower to lock in moisture. I like to use Suave Visible Glow for a little color to my skin all year around but during the winter' I apply every 2-3 days instead of everyday (no one expects you to be a bronze goddess in the winter). Then on opposite days, Jergens Shea Butter is my go-to for long lasting hydration and also adds a nice glow to my skin. Every 3 days, I also give my face and neck a little warmth with Clarins Intense Bronze Self Tanning Tint. It just is applied like a toner and it is very natural. This bottle lasts a long time, so don't be scared by the higher price tag. To finish off my coziness, I am loving my new sweater from F&F Clothing. More on that to come!

~AE



No comments:

Post a Comment