I am a little behind on my weeks in review since the new year, so I am going to share a little peak into how my friends and I rang in the new year: Prom and Piñatas. This is our second annual "prom" with last year being Prom and Pizza.
We all put on our "prom" bests and spent the night laughing and celebrating the coming of 2015.
1 pound of 93% lean ground beef, cooked and drained
1-12 ounce can healthier cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups of skim milk
1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
12 corn tortillas
2 cups reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cups diced green onions
Plain Greek yogurt and salsa for topping
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook ground beef and in the same pan mix the beef with soup, milk and taco seasoning packet to warm.
3. Coat an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and place 1/4 cup of the beef mixture in the bottom of the pan.
4. Place 4 corn tortillas on top and continue to layer with beef mixture and topping that with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Once done layering, make sure your last layer is shredded cheese.
5. Bake casserole for 30-45 minutes.
6. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve with lettuce, Greek yogurt, onions, salsa and tomatoes as toppings.